“One night not bad”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Forsyth
Terre Haute, Indiana
“One night not bad”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

In our way to Florida we booked one night . The Front desk service was great . The rooms are fine for one night . Clean rooms . Yes , the bathrooms are a little small but not big deal . We do not smoke so we didn't like to see the cleaning lady smoking by the rooms she was cleaning but I mean, just little things here and there you would find every place .The breakfast need to be improve . Not a bad experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ashburn, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Came to Forsyth for training at GPSTC. This was the closest Inn to the facility...so I popped on to investigate. The lobby smelled so welcoming and the people were so friendly that I knew I would be staying. It kept getting better, rate was phenomenal, people were helpful, room was more than I imagined, staff went above and beyond, got into room early....just a magnificent experience. I will be needing accommodations for my training schedule. You can bet, I WILL be staying right here!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the back side of the facility!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kerri C
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast ok, Internet in rooms, shower ok, bed is firm, military rates, I paid 39 dollars, what a price for non smoking king, would recommend for a stop. Check in and out speedy and friendly. Close to highway, pool is great, quiet place to stay, television was older model but I was sleeping

• Stayed July 2013
Gray, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Okay, so my fiancé and I were traveling up from florida while I was pregnant back in April. It was late, maybe ten or eleven pm on a Friday night and I had to stop I was eight months along. anyway the management staff was absolutely wonderful. As we were checking in, I preferred a room on the bottom floor and Ms. Glenda was just so funny and kind, asking me all sorts of questions and talking about the baby which I thought was just so friendly to not know me. Anyway unfortunately the only regular rooms vacant were all on the second floor but because I was so pregnant and she was so kind she upgraded my room to a King Suite for no extra charge. It was amazing. The room was huge, the pillows and mattress were so comfortable I slept so well. Then in the morning the breakfast was one of the best at hotels. I have traveled in many different types, and usually the breakfasts are the usual with the cereal and the stuff to make waffles, maybe some muffins... but this place was awesome. There were biscuits and gravy, sausages, eggs, stuff for grits, many varieties of juices and plus the muffins and bagels. The best part was that it was all warm and still fresh, and I assumed it would be cold by the time I got down there, because usually with most hotels if you don't get there by 630 or seven most of the food is gone or its been sitting out, but they kept it fresh. Also, after I had the baby my fiancé and I stopped back by just to check it out and see, and this was at the beginning of June. This time it was a regular room but the staff were all so sweet and friendly. The linens were nice the rooms are all spacious and comfortable. I was very happy and very impressed. We decided any time we are coming through to visit the in laws we are stopping here every time, We just wish there were more hotels like this around!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie L
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for years but I won't stay here again. I made a reservation online (because who doesn't these days, right?) but at check in my room was $10 more than my co-worker who reserved the same room via telephone. I asked politely about the price difference and got an attitude and a stupid explanation about the prices online being higher. The employee refused to match the price. It's only $10 but it's the principle of the matter. What happened to good customer service? It would have been nice for them to at least try to keep a loyal customer happy. BEWARE!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank PennyLane30506
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2013

i felt good while staying in this hotel feels like home, employees are very nice. just like other known hotels in the country this is one of the best. i could spend a couple days more because the rate is so affordable, but i have to get back home for work. i love to go back in this hotel on my next vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Canton, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was traveling from Alabama to Florida to visit with my family and was pulled over by the Monroe police and was incarcerated over night due to driving with my liscense suspended. I needed overnight lodging and was taken to a nearby Motel, that, quite honestly, I was frightened to stay at by myself. Thank goodness no one was attending the front desk and so we left in search of a better Hotel. And there it was, Hilltop Garden Inn. The second I saw the beautifully landscaped grounds and the beautiful lobby, I cant tell you how much better I felt, and safer! As I was checking in my room and explaining my situation to Leslie the clerk at the front desk, she asked me if I was hungry, and asked if I wanted to eat with her as she had just ordered some chicken for dinner! I cant tell you how much that act of kindness meant to me. I was all alone and not for sure where in Georgia I had ended up and here I was being treated like family. I cant say how wonderful my experience was at this Hotel. Oh and did I mention the swimming pool? I could'nt believe how reasonable the rates were. I would highly recommend this Hotel to everyone. If you are looking for a great place to stay then this is definently a great place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family