“lovely and wonderful”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Forsyth
Gray, Georgia, United States
“lovely and wonderful”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Okay, so my fiancé and I were traveling up from florida while I was pregnant back in April. It was late, maybe ten or eleven pm on a Friday night and I had to stop I was eight months along. anyway the management staff was absolutely wonderful. As we were checking in, I preferred a room on the bottom floor and Ms. Glenda was just so funny and kind, asking me all sorts of questions and talking about the baby which I thought was just so friendly to not know me. Anyway unfortunately the only regular rooms vacant were all on the second floor but because I was so pregnant and she was so kind she upgraded my room to a King Suite for no extra charge. It was amazing. The room was huge, the pillows and mattress were so comfortable I slept so well. Then in the morning the breakfast was one of the best at hotels. I have traveled in many different types, and usually the breakfasts are the usual with the cereal and the stuff to make waffles, maybe some muffins... but this place was awesome. There were biscuits and gravy, sausages, eggs, stuff for grits, many varieties of juices and plus the muffins and bagels. The best part was that it was all warm and still fresh, and I assumed it would be cold by the time I got down there, because usually with most hotels if you don't get there by 630 or seven most of the food is gone or its been sitting out, but they kept it fresh. Also, after I had the baby my fiancé and I stopped back by just to check it out and see, and this was at the beginning of June. This time it was a regular room but the staff were all so sweet and friendly. The linens were nice the rooms are all spacious and comfortable. I was very happy and very impressed. We decided any time we are coming through to visit the in laws we are stopping here every time, We just wish there were more hotels like this around!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for years but I won't stay here again. I made a reservation online (because who doesn't these days, right?) but at check in my room was $10 more than my co-worker who reserved the same room via telephone. I asked politely about the price difference and got an attitude and a stupid explanation about the prices online being higher. The employee refused to match the price. It's only $10 but it's the principle of the matter. What happened to good customer service? It would have been nice for them to at least try to keep a loyal customer happy. BEWARE!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank PennyLane30506
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2013

i felt good while staying in this hotel feels like home, employees are very nice. just like other known hotels in the country this is one of the best. i could spend a couple days more because the rate is so affordable, but i have to get back home for work. i love to go back in this hotel on my next vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Canton, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was traveling from Alabama to Florida to visit with my family and was pulled over by the Monroe police and was incarcerated over night due to driving with my liscense suspended. I needed overnight lodging and was taken to a nearby Motel, that, quite honestly, I was frightened to stay at by myself. Thank goodness no one was attending the front desk and so we left in search of a better Hotel. And there it was, Hilltop Garden Inn. The second I saw the beautifully landscaped grounds and the beautiful lobby, I cant tell you how much better I felt, and safer! As I was checking in my room and explaining my situation to Leslie the clerk at the front desk, she asked me if I was hungry, and asked if I wanted to eat with her as she had just ordered some chicken for dinner! I cant tell you how much that act of kindness meant to me. I was all alone and not for sure where in Georgia I had ended up and here I was being treated like family. I cant say how wonderful my experience was at this Hotel. Oh and did I mention the swimming pool? I could'nt believe how reasonable the rates were. I would highly recommend this Hotel to everyone. If you are looking for a great place to stay then this is definently a great place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Pit stop on our way to Universal Orlando.. what a terrible hotel... small beds, old & outdated room, smelly, pool was dirty, jacuzzi was green, 2 towels in room, and front desk could not spare any extras. We arrived May 25, 2013. Just wanted to fall asleep so that I could leave!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel ever!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JOSEPH P
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife recently went online and reserved a room here based on what she saw on the website. When we arrived at the hotel on 2 May 2013 we began to have our doubts. There are people with pets living here, the rooms looks like something out of the 1960's, the room smelled like bug spray, from the oustside it looks like there hasn't been maintenance at the facility for quite a while. The employees were very nice and refunded our money but the hotel does not come close to living up to its website. My wife also noticed a sign for the room we had was $44.00 but we were being charged 60, not sure if the additional money was from ordering on the internet or not,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank John M
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel ahead of time and knew basically what to expect from previous reviews. We were on a longer road trip and this was just a one night cheap stay for us along the way. Our expectations were a decent place to sleep for a few hours, it met those expectations. When we arrived at 2am I was a bit concerned to have my husband checking us in through a safety window... And then relieved when he was allowed into the lobby.... The bed was not comfortable, location is right of interstate so that was very convenient, can hear traffic if that bothers you. Our sink kept clogging up (rm 105 no time to tell staff on our short stay) in the am the continental breakfast is convenient and can be taken on styro foam to your room, muffins, cereal, coffee juice machine, and really yummy biscuit and gravy.... I took a walk around and noticed the pool / hot tub are not open for use and hot tub looked like it was having issues, thus didn't upset me since its cold and we were only there to sleep... But may be a concern for others if staying longer.... Not the kind of place you want to walk around in your bare feet but no bugs or anything!

• Stayed April 2013