“A Good Surprise @ 2:00 AM”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Forsyth
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Left Florida at 9:00 PM arrived in Forsyth at 2:00 AM and knew I had enough for my day! Night attendant was helpful a local policeman was parked in the lot apparently for security. We were pleased with the size, cleanliness, and the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank scruffyofl

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stopped in here unplanned because I decided it was the end of my travel day, and happened to get a coupon out of the travel booklet, which they honored. I usually stop at the georgia welcome center to get coupon booklets. This time the discount was about $8 from the price they gave me. So it was worth taking the moment to procure the coupon. I asked to see a room before committing to staying there, having read other reviews. My room had the correct door strip blocking both insects and weather from the outside. It was clean and the furniture seemed to be in good repair. There was a fridge and microwave in the room, both worked. I was offered a room around the back, but said that because I was traveling alone I wanted to be nearer to the front desk. Also, I wanted to stay in a room I had already seen! Next to a gas station, but the ditto foods are less than 2 miles away either along the freeway at the next exit or the frontage road. Simple breakfast. Biscuits and gravy, as well as cereal, bread, coffee, and a couple of pastry varieties.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before handing over the instrument of payment. Then you will know what you are...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank KarenTweetypie
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I previously stayed at the Econo Lodge (don't ever stay there.) And this is my first time staying here, it's nice, employees are sweet, the rooms are nice and clean, the continental breakfast is great they have a great selection compared to the Econo Lodge! Very reasonable prices, if you're ever in the Forsyth area and need a place to stay, definitely stay here. :)

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank christyleigh21
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel was very reasonably priced, the room was clean, and recently remodeled. Staff was very nice and helpful. Comfortable night's sleep. Plenty of space for my family of 4. We were traveling back home to Florida. I always try to get through Atlanta's traffic, and like to get past exit 220, where I-75 narrows to 3 lanes. This is my new target at exit 188.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Chris G
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have been staying here for years to go to training at the public safety training center. During my most recent stay this month, the room was very clean, and the furniture looked new. The continental breakfast consisted of cereal, dunking sticks, pecan twirls, hot biscuits, orange juice, apple juice, and milk. Since it was apparently sold to Magnuson hotels from Best Western, the hotel has been in gradual decline.

Now for the problems. First, I was told guests had been complaining about the door lock not working properly. The desk clerk offered another room, but since it was only for the night, I took the room (102). The night maintenance man, with a very strong smell of alcohol on his breath, was sent with me to show me the trick to opening it. After about 5 minutes, I mastered the tricky mechanism. The weatherstripping across the bottom of the door was missing leaving about a half inch opening all the way across to the outside. No problems with bugs though. The pool was very dingy and I couldn't see the bottom on the deep end. There was a hose floating in the water with one end stuck in the drain on the bottom. The kiddie pool was closed. When this was a Best Western hotel, such problems never existed.

If you're just looking for a place to stay, it's still unbeatable in the Forsyth area, and have still never gotten a dirty room. Use caution though . . . there may be a section of rooms not renovated yet. I have seen ratings on other sites posted earlier this year complaining about old rooms with cleanliness issues and outdated furniture. So far, though, I have not experienced any of those issues, so I hope they have renovated all of the rooms by now.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are much quieter. Rooms on the front are noisy all night due to the hotel bei...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family and I always stop by to stay at Hilltop Garden inn..right off i75 exit 188.. We love..the staff is nice..and the people there will do anything to make sure you are comfortable..so if your just lookin for a nice place to stay..this place is awesome!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband, son, and I were traveling back to Louisville from Fla. and looking for somewhere simple and clean for the night. We found this motel in one of the motel/hotel coupon books so decided to give it a try. The room was clean and updated. We were happy to find a fridge in the room to stash our drinks for the next morning. The grounds were well maintained. The pool and the surrounding deck area were clean and attractive. The employees were friendly and pleasent. This definitely wasn't the run-of-the-mill convenience motel off of the interstate. As another reviewer said, we will keep this as our pitstop on our next trip to Fla.

Room Tip: There's no elevator, so request a room on the ground floor if you don't want to haul your ba...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family