“This is an excellent value, when you overlook the cleanliness issue.”
Review of Super 8 Forsyth

Super 8 Forsyth
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Forsyth
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We happened on this jewel. We are price conscious, which means we have to give up a lot sometimes. Since we travel a lot, we have lots to compare against. This place in Forsyth, GA., outside Macon, is exceptional. Most of the hotel/motels we stay in are owned by Asians and cleanliness is always an issue. Most all would get a zero (0), so for us to give this motel a 2 means it is twice as good as the usual, so don't let the cleanliness issue detour you. We are sure the management will improve in this area, because so much of what they do/have is Excellent. When we are back, we will stay again and again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelinondownthroad

Reviewed March 27, 2007

This review is for the Forsyth Super 8 and Super 8 Reservation Line business practices. It may save you a problem somewhere down the line. If you need to change your reservation for a Super 8 Motel as I did the other day - you absolutely need to make sure you can prove you changed or cancelled your reservation or you will be charged! Contact the actual Super 8 and make sure you get a name and confirmation number - even then make sure you can prove it.

I had a reservation for Forsyth, GA on 3/23. I called their 800-800-8000 phone number to CHANGE the reservation to the Cartersville Super 8 for that same day as we were making better time on I75 than anticipated. I was told to keep my same confirmation number and the clerk (located in the Phillipines) read back the new reservation for Cartersville to me. When I arrived at Cartersville, I was told I had NO reservation and the front desk person did nothing to help other than let me make a new reservation on the spot. I called the 800# again and was told that my reservation was showing for Forsyth, not Cartersville, and was told that since it was 4:15pm, I would be charged for the Forsyth hotel anyway since I did not cancel by 4:00pm. They acted like I had never called and they had no knowledge of this change. I called the customer service number and was given a claim number and later told that after researching my claim they said I did not cancel the Forsyth hotel. When I checked my e-mail once home, I was vindicated when I found an e-mail from super 8 showing my changed reservation to the Cartersville hotel date and time stamped with the actual time I'd called in (12:30pm). I told the customer service rep about this e-mail and she quickly said that I would be credited the money and that she also could see the time of my phone call. Had I not had this e-mail, I would have stood no chance of getting my money back. Now I must wait for a check to reimburse me! BUYER BEWARE.

The hotel itself (Forsyth) is fine for a cheap hotel and I've stayed their many times in the past - but will NEVER stay with any Super 8 again as a result of what I consider fraudulant business practices. I also hold the Forsyth hotel in LOW esteme, since Super 8 contacted them at 4:15pm to try and fix their error and were told sorry - no cancel after 4pm!

• Check in / front desk