“An enjoyable experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Forsyth
Cumming, Georgia
“An enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

After having a bad experience at another local hotel, I decided to pay the extra money and splurge on this hotel. First off, the staff was extremely nice and helpful. They were very attentive to my needs and seemed genuinely happy to have guests come in. The hotel is an little older overall but they maintain the grounds and the inside very well.

The rooms were very big and spacious. Unfortunately they were out of king size bedrooms the nights I stayed, but the 2 queens sufficed. The beds were extremely comfortable and I had no problem getting a good nights rest. The bathrooms was large and updated with all the accessories I needed.

Now the only small issues I found were the cleanliness of the duvet on top of the beds and the couch in the room. I found a bunch of old stains on the duvet and couch and it made me a little scared to sit on the couch or sleep under the duvet. The desk chair in the room had a broken wheel which made it hard to move in it while at the desk but I made it manageable.

One of the best parts of the hotel are the great complimentary hot breakfasts they offer. It included a tremendous variety of items including fresh fruit, all sorts of pastries, eggs, sausage, yogurts and the list goes on. The coffee was a bit watered down which was the only negative item I noticed.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel over just about any other hotel in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CSuitesForsyth, Manager at Comfort Suites - Forsyth, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thanks for your review quala78! We are honored you gaveus a try and got to experience the Awesome customer service. Im glad that you got some good rest in our roomy Double Queen Room, and then woke up to a Good Breakfast! That is always a Great Way to start your day. You will be happy to knw that the "Old Bedding" is being removed as we speak. We have all new bedding and new pillows being put in, so you will have to come check us out again and experience the "Truly Yours Beddding":) Hope to see you again soon. Have Happy and Safe Travels:)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed last night on our way home from Florida. We got in quite late and turned on the heat as it was in the low 40's outside. After much tossing and turning due to the noisy heater my husband turned it off, so by early morning we were freezing. Also hairs were found in the shower, the corners around the room hadn't been vacuumed in months and there was plastic paper and dirt underneath the vanity. To top it all off as I was blow drying my hair I happened to look out the bathroom door and there was a huge spider on the carpet. We have stayed at one other Comfort Suites in Ohio and it was very nice so we were surprised at how this one was.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CL1012
Thanks CL1012 for your review. I appriciate you bringing the "not so Clean" room to my attention. I have addressed the issue with my Housekeeping staff to make sure those issues have been caught and corrected. Also, Ecolab has been out to address the issue with the "spiders". I hope that this incident doesnt deter you from staying with us again as this is not a regular issue that we have. We really appriciate all of our guest and Hope that you do return. Hope you have Happy and Safe Travels :)
Midwest, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I found this hotel in the AAA Georgia travel book (free for AAA members) and called as we got near town. I called a couple of other hotels, and they were actually more expensive and/or only offered doubles and not queens. So after calling the Comfort Suites directly [their local number = (478) 994-9494], they kindly said they would hold us a 2 Queen Suite with fridge and microwave.
When we arrived I checked the room first and it was great and everything it shows in the photos on tripadvisor. With my AAA discount, the room cost @ $80 to 85, including tax. Considering the town and other hotel options, I believe this is the best choice and would choose to stay again if in the area. We did not swim in the pool, so I cannot comment on that. The parking was close to the entrance. Everything was safe and secure. Really enjoyed the large size room. A.C. worked great. Very clean. Staff friendly. I believe the manager on duty during our visit was Cathy Bannister (according to the business card I took.) Slept like angels. Breakfast was on the better side of a regular good Comfort Inn/Suites free breakfast. Check-out went smooth. WIFI worked great. Had good variety of cable channels. Plenty of hot water and good pressure in shower.
Would be great even if it was for longer than a one night stay. Happy travels ~*

Room Tip: Take a look at the room BEFORE you pay for it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CSuitesForsyth, Manager at Comfort Suites - Forsyth, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
First of all, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on our hotel, we always strive to make everyone feel welcome. If you find yourself in the Forsyth area again please come and stay with us again. Thank you again. Cathy Bannister AGM
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We made this our night stop for our trip to Florida. The hotel was wonderful, the kids enjoyed the indoor pool, the breakfast in the morning was great! The staff were all friendly. The room was a nice size and very comfortable. The price was wonderful! Great stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CSuitesForsyth, Manager at Comfort Suites - Forsyth, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I would like to say thank you for such a good review, we strive to make all our guests feel like they are family. The next time you are in the area please stop by and see us again. I hope you have a blessed day. Cathy Bannister AGM
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed overnight on trip south for winter vacation. Hotel clean and well maintained and comparable to Hampton Inn or Best Western Express but at much better price. mini-suite format (bed and sitting area) very comfortable for travelers who want to rest and read, watch TV or catch up on e-mail before bed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CSuitesForsyth, Manager at Comfort Suites - Forsyth, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we work really hard to make each guest feel welcome and enjoy staying here. If you are in the Forsyth area again please stop by to see us again. Thank you again. Cathy Bannister
chadman154
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Cathy the hotel manager is AWESOME. Super friendly, great advice on restaurants. Nothing beats the southern hospitality that I got here. Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was excellent. Only complaint, which I told cathy was the pillows on bed SUCK. But I guess they are getting replaced so all is good. I will definitely stop here more on my business trips!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CSuitesForsyth, Manager at Comfort Suites - Forsyth, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you so much for that wonderful complement, I try to treat others how I would like to be treated. Its people like you that make my job enjoyable. If you find yourself in the Forsyth area again please come see us. Again Thank you. Cathy Bannister
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Great place to break up the drive from Northern Kentucky to Florida. Easy off and on with a gas station. Free breakfast was actually pretty good. Staff was very friendly parking was a little crazy. Anyone looking for a low cost place to stop on I75 highly consider this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I would like to say Thank You for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate the review and we work very hard to make this hotel a great place to stay. Hopefully on your trip back you will stop in again for another night. Thank you again. Cathy Bannister
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
Holiday Inn Express Forsyth
Super 8 Forsyth
Super 8 Forsyth
#6 of 10 in Forsyth
Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North

Been to Comfort Suites - Forsyth? Share your experiences!