“Comfort Food~Southern Blend”

Anne & Bill's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Forest Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 12, 2013

It is a hometown favorite. Ordering off the white paper menu attached to the plastic menu will insure that your food is out in no time at all. Ordering off the plastic menu means a wait. The staff are friendly. The dining areas are clean.

The bathrooms are filthy, not just needs sweeping, needs the walls, stalls and floors to be pressure washed clean. For a place that has this many employees there is no reason the bathrooms should look as they do. Please clean the bathrooms.

1  Thank CLulu838

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tried this place out to kill time before my flight. Although very busy with after-Church diners, our server was courteous and personable. The strawberry shortcake is amazing! Very light and sweet... mmmmm, yum! The food tastes like it was made in your grandma's kitchen so if you're looking for a home-cooked meal, try this place! We certainly will be back.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've lived in the Atlanta area for over 25 years and have always been disappointed in the lack of good home-style cooking choices. Well, not so with this gem. I was on the south-side of Atlanta and it was time for lunch and I pulled up Trip Advisor. I read about Anne and Bill's and decided to make the detour. It's about 3-4 miles off I-75, but worth the effort.

First, this restaurant is not really on Forest Pkwy, but on Main St. There is a small sign post with the restaurants name you can see from Forest Pkwy which gives you a landmark to turn. After you turn, go 1 block and turn right on Main St., and it sits on the right.

Tough choice on what to order, as the selection was fabulous. I went for the fried chicken, butter peas, mashed potatoes and biscuits. The chicken was hot, tender and crispy. The biscuits were gigantic and perfect. The veggies were quite good. I can't comment on dessert, because I was too stuffed.

My waitress was attentive and the food came out lightning fast.

Wish this place wasn't 40 miles from my house. It is now on my radar when I'm in this part of Atlanta. If you are traveling through town on I-75, I recommend making the detour to check it out.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Was at ft gilliam. Not many options here. Had salad bar. Very basic but had veggi soup without meat so im happy.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you're looking for that plate of hot, plentiful, made-from-scratch historic southern food, this is the place! I am an Atlanta area native and have been eating southern food for over 50 years in this city. Nowhere, and I mean nowhere will you find better fried chicken, pies, vegetables and yeast rolls than Anne & Bill's. It's worth the drive no matter where you're coming from!

Make sure you get some of the sweet potato casserole if they happen to have it the day you're there. It goes early so make sure to ask quickly! And save room for the coconut cream pie. Never in all my born days have I had such a thick, creamy, richly intense coconut pie. Every single time I go, I TRY to not order it....but there it is and well, when it's this good, you just have to indulge!

You'll go back again and again. And take your friends. This place is one of the best for traditional authentic southern food. You'll be happy and full!