“Terrible”

Econo Lodge Atlanta Airport East
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Forest Park
“Terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The first room they put me in the air conditioner didn't work second room in the refrigerator was broken the third room Microwave wasnt working properly. Bottom floors you could here people walking at night I was there 11 days the reason I stayed was because of
the shuttle service for Freightliner. Tv were old cable was bad some channel were snowy local channel didn't come in good. Needs new appliances air conditioners . Run down motel.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Greenwood, IN, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel room price was cheap and that is what we got. The rooms smelled of pets and deodorizer, the air conditioning units looked like someone took a bat to it. Very poor quality - we were afraid to sleep in the beds. If we hadn't traveled so far and been so tired when we arrived we would have left. I would not recommend this hotel unless it is completely overhauled.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Meridian, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located to the interstate and only a 15 minute drive into Atlanta. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I am a weekly business traveler and have stayed in many hotels. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Atlanta area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank jnance3000
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in February, we had to stay here for couple of days. Our flight landed at 8 PM and we called the hotel right away for a pick up. The shuttle arrived in no time, the driver was extremely cheerful and accommodating. The front desk clerks were very friendly and made us feel like home. The rooms and decor of the lobby is classy. They even had free breakfast in the morning, which contained waffles and bagels and other assorted items. This is an excellent hotel, worth every penny for its economic price. There were some really nice restaurants as well on the next exit. All in all this hotel deserves a much better rating than it does currently. I had a wonderful experience during my stay, and I will be sure to make it my home in Atlanta, whenever I have to come there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hardik M
Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone! We missed our connection in Atlanta after what Delta refers to as a "mechanical delay". Our connection left 5 minutes before our plane from Savannah touched down. We were travelling with our new Marine who was about to embark on his 10 days of leave after graduating from MCCRD on Fri Feb 22, 2013. We really wanted him home Friday night so that he could sleep in his own bed, but we ended up in this rat hole of a hotel thanks to Delta and their voucher system. This was literally a case of "no room at the inn". We were supposed to be going to a different hotel, but it was full. It was a rainy night in Georgia. The outside stairs to my room were crumbling. My room had stains on the carpeting, stains on the mattress and box spring. It needed a good vacuuming. The WORST of it all was when I looked at the phone books on the night stand beside the bed. There were a pair of someone's FALSE EYE LASHES!!!! Yuck! The ultimate creep factor! The steel plate around the door jam looked like it had been broken into before. There was no heat and I could feel a breeze coming through the windows and doors. I was very cold all night long. The light switch beside the door did not turn on any lights. Creepy! The noise from the highway was so loud that I thought I was sleeping outside. I stayed awake all night and couldn't WAIT until 5am so that we could get back to the airport! I believe that we were ripped off as well because if you check their website, the rooms are going for approx $50/night. We had a voucher from Delta, and the EconoLodge had the audacity to charge us an additional $60-something for such bad accommodations. My new Marine and his brother were so appalled at the conditions of THEIR room that neither one got under the covers. My new Marine slept in a chair for a couple of hours. His brother slept on top of the bed covers for fear of bed bugs. They found a pair of shoes that someone left behind under the bed. What's the matter with this company? Don't they clean the place? What was worse is that this hotel had a TripAdvisor sticker on their door! Someone should take that off! In my opinion, the Econo Lodge near the Atlanta Airport should be demolished. Renovations won't help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we passed through Atlanta on a road trip, and it was just fine for our needs. Everything was clean, if a little old, staff was nice, and the continental breakfast included waffles! The only problem was that, since the hotel is literally just off I-75, there was too much noise from the highway to get a good night's sleep. If you stay here, bring earplugs!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Clara R
Sylvania, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I specifically chose this hotel because this site said it was the highest reviewed hotel in Forest Park. That said, this was hands down the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in, EVER!!! I don't know who these other people are writing reviews, but I'm thinking that maybe they are blind and have no sense of smell. The first room we were given smelled so strongly of urine that we asked to switch rooms!! The shower had also not been cleaned properly, it was full of hair! Upon switching rooms, the second room seemed fine. No smell, the bathroom was clean. We went out to eat and came back very late. While getting ready for bed, my son was horsing around and pulled the sheet off of the bed by accident. We were appalled to see that the side of the mattress was stained with what appeared to be blood!!!!! We checked the other mattresses, and guess what...yeah, all the other mattresses were stained as well!!! This place should be SHUT DOWN!!! HORRIBLE! I have reported them to the board of health. OH, and not that it matters now, because hopefully nobody will stay here, but the parking lot has car-eating sized potholes (more holes than pavement) and I've had pancakes that were fluffier than the pillows.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlanta Airport-East
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Atlanta Airport East? Share your experiences!