“Best around”

Moonie's Texas Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. I stop by after work for to go sandwiches or go with friends and hang out watching the game. Love the atmosphere and did I mention the turkey brisket is TO DIE FOR. Been a bunch of times and it always gets better.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

The brisket chili was good, but a very poor drink selection and the sausage was over done and tasted more like "filler" than quality meats made for just an average experience. My wife said the pulled pork very good and quite moist. The sauces offered were average also.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stopped by after a local car show. We tried a good sampling of the ribs, brisket, cole slaw, and even the Brunswick stew. All very good, especially the brisket, and quite different from the local BBQ in the southeast. The ribs were extremely tender and the Brunswick stew very tasty. The cole slaw is quite 'vinegary' but a perfect compliment to the richness of the meat. We would definitely come back again and certainly recommend it. Easy to find and located right by the RR tracks.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We did not dine-in, but had takeaway/carry-out. The beef brisket was amazing!! Two of us had that and we both loved every bite. Perfectly cooked and seasoned (didn't really need any sauce at all!). One person had the pulled pork and I got a bite that just melted in my mouth. It will be a tough choice as to which to order next visit!! Stew needed salt and a little more spice for my liking (it tasted weak), but the creamed corn was very good. can't wait to go back!

1  Thank WifeofEagle
Reviewed August 20, 2013

While brisket seems to be the focus, don't pass up the pulled pork! We eat there often, and haven't been disappointed with anything.

1  Thank george b