“Dirty. Stay at the Quality across the street and avoid this disgusting hotel.”

Country Hearth Inn Fitzgerald
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fitzgerald
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I booked a room here to stay for three days for my best friends wedding in town. I regret not paying a little more and booking a room across the street. When I checked in the receptionist was friendly if a bit odd(talking to herself & a bit scatter brained). She checked me in and gave me keys to my room, then five minutes later when I walked back out of my room she had new keys and told me she needed to move me to a different room, something due to my having an animal..she wasn't clear. Very odd but I figured whatever I wasn't really settled or anything yet. Both rooms were about the same. Both were tiny. My experience at this hotel was not a good one, but I didn't leave because all the hotels in town were booked full with my friends wedding and some reunion. I didn't have to spend a lot of time in the room because I was busy, but I would never choose to stay here again.

I thankfully had my own set of sheets because their set had Mildew stains on the sheets, and their pillows were just sitting exposed on top of the bed. I brought my pet with me, which cost an extra $20 for the week, and I had to pay that in cash which was a little strange to me. I didn't want them taking my own sheets or disturbing my cat, so I kept a do not disturb sign on my door, which I had to go ask for from a cleaning lady who spoke no English, because there wasn't one in my room.

The microwave was broken and I had to use the one in the lobby the one time I needed it. I found Rat droppings on the floor, there were dead bugs and dirt in the AC vents--the AC unit had a plastic container under it to catch dripping water- so much I had to empty it several times during my three day stay. The walls were disgusting and very dirty. The floor appeared to not have been well vacuumed and had bits of paper and hair(and a rat turd).
The bathroom was ok and appeared to be fairly clean.
My checkout was at 11am, and at 9:45 while I was loading my things in the car, going in and out of the room, my key apparently expired and locked me out with half my stuff and my cat still in the room. I had to go complain to the guy in front of the desk and he redid my keys. Overall, the stay was not a pleasant one but was bearable for the three nights seeing as I didn't have any other choice.

• Stayed: August 2014
Neel P, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Fitzgerald, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2014

Hey I want to delete all my reviews or can you at least delete the bad reviews please I am the manager at country hearth inn.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This motel is among the worst I've experienced. We reserved a non-smoking room, but when we arrived we were told that only smoking rooms were available. But the mix-up pales in comparison to what was behind the door of our room. The room was filthy. There were huge stains on the worn-out carpet, black mold and mildew in the bathroom, cigarette burns on the furniture, holes in the bedspread, a huge tear in the recliner, a black hair on the ice bucket and even what appeared to be a piece of frozen mold or mildew in the ice. We were in town for an event, and every hotel within a 20 mile radius was booked, otherwise we would have left. We considered sleeping in our truck. We opted to sleep fully dressed and left before daylight. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this motel.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Joy646
Neel P, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Fitzgerald, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2014

I want the reviews to be taken down I want to starteverythinv new

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The Country Hearth Inn is a tremendous value for this region. Here you will get a very large room with ac, fridge, and free wifi. There are other properties in the area offering the same amenities but with a substantiously higher rate. At the Country Hearth, they offer free breakfast (about average) but there are other places nearby that offer better selections and quality (Huddle House, just across the road, for example, has absolutely THE BEST omlettes anywhere! and I have traveled all over the world). Downside, there is no elevator-the property has 2 levels. Upside, the rooms are very clean, everything works, they offer a jaccuzzi room, free local calls, very friendly staff. The property does not have a redtaurant-hence no room service, and no bar. Very basic accommodations, but they do this at a 4 or 5 star level.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank drwfra
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My stay was arranged by others and alas I should have stayed elsewhere. The hotel is old, run down, and out of date. My room had stains and was very worn. Mold existed around the shower and the room ac. The staff did clean daily, wifi and interior hotel rooms are the only positives. The free breakfast I passed on, as it consisted of dry cereal and cheap pastries. The hotel does not have any on site vending. Suffice to say, I would be hard pressed to stay here again if business brings me back to Fitzgerald.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We selected this motel because it was pet-friendly, and that alone made it worthwhile. The woman at the desk who checked us in -- and seemed to be there all weekend! -- was friendly and found us extra pillows. We had an interior room, which felt safe. And it was certainly cleaner than I expected from the reviews.

But the downsides:
* The seat on the desk chair kept slipping off, making it hard to spend much time at the desk.
* There was a little mildew in the bathroom. (And yes -- I'm pretty sure it was mildew, not "black mold."
* Making a reservation was difficult. Whoever took my husband's call quoted him $25/night. Too good to be true, right? It was. It left the friendly desk clerk in a tough spot when we checked in. We didn't make her honor the rate.(We are rating service "poor" because of this. But the desk clerk was kind and helpful.)
*Our door key was disabled two hours before checkout.
*The room wasn't unsanitary, but I found trash from a previous guest and a couple of dead bugs.

Bottom line? It's fine if you aren't too picky, especially if you have pets. But it's just a port in the storm, nothing more.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for an end room by the side door. It makes it easier to get in and out.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Due to time constraints, we were unable to see "all" the hotels available in Fitzgerald, so we decided on Country Hearth Inn. And here were our views: Customer service was poor. The first woman that helped us was a little rude. There was a couple sleeping near the front desk and I could hear their snores, so it took awhile for one of them to help me with something. The room had a couple bugs in it. The floor had stains and burn marks. Breakfast was a joke; it was more like a daycare snack. Some of our towels were dirty and had "curly" hairs in them; on top of that they were super rough. The bed wasn't too great either. Things we liked were that there was cable, the heat/AC worked and the bathroom wasn’t awful. But in the end I obviously will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juanita P
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This Property has only a few things going for it... The Front Desk Cleark that checked me in , and lots of parking. Guessing that should have cluded me in... Not a very Clean room... Bathroom was ok but nail clipping on the room floor were not so nice to find. Wont be back again...

Room Tip: I would not offer any of the rooms IF they are kept like mine was.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ray S

Been to Country Hearth Inn Fitzgerald? Share your experiences!