“Staff OK but beware the Owner”

Quality Inn Fitzgerald
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fitzgerald
Casselberry, Florida, United States
“Staff OK but beware the Owner”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were here for 4 days for some hunting and time to get some work done. We had trouble with our wi-fi from day 1. We kept calling the front desk for assistance. The gal there was really sweet and I appreciated all that she tried to help. I spoke to the owner twice and each time he was boorish in telling me it was my equipment that was faulty. I told him I had 5 separate devices and they ALL had the same problem; we could connect to the network but not have internet access. We had too much with us and he tried to get us to switch rooms but I declined. The second time I spoke to him (he must have been at home) he was telling me that my equipment was not working right because others don't have problems. He told me to come work in the lobby or breakfast area (my paperwork was sensitive content) and I told him, no, that is why I got a room! He kept being testy with me as if I was annoying him with my "problem" and I told him I do not appreciate him being argumentative with me. I went back to my room and got screen caps of the issue - no DNS server and sent them off to him. Nothing. The front desk called and the gal said she herself called the ISP for help and if they could send someone out today but alas, they will come tomorrow and we are leaving tomorrow. Kudos to her! I don't know how the owner was raised to speak to women, but he was disrespectful and boorish. Through this all, he refused any sort of discount or even a coupon for a free Big Mac.

Otherwise, the rooms were clean. The building construction is poor so you hear between the rooms, down the halls, doors slamming, people running about upstairs. Bring EARPLUGS. I'm glad I always do.

All in all, the place is just shy of OK and the owner is an absolute unsavory word.

Would I come back - nope. And I'm telling all of you not to even bother.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ana V
OSD, Director, Vista Inn Fitzgerald at Quality Inn Fitzgerald, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide a positive experience to our valued guests and I am sorry we fell short on this occasion. The person who was represented as the owner was NOT.I have personally followed up with the General Manager to make sure that this does not ever happen again. The ISP did a thorough inspection of the WI-FI after your visit and now everything working fine. I know this does not help know but I want you to know we take your comments seriously. We have a 100% guarantee policy and we failed. I hope you give us another try I am sure we can exceed your expectations.

Sachin Gaya
Director, Vista Inn Fitzgerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel given previous reviews. Staff where very helpful and rooms where a good size and clean. I found out that the hotel had changed management in January 2013. the pool was not ready but great value overall. I Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor is quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank zs777
Clarinda, Iowa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I read the bad reviews on this motel, but from minute one, it was a great experience. We wanted a non smoking room, and were immediately given 3 keys to different rooms to see if we found one we liked. Two of the non smoking rooms had the smokey smell, but the third was just fine.

The price was just the greatest, it was less than the 2 crackhead hotels in town and the room was so much nicer. The breakfast did not have the waffles, but between the bananas, hot and cold cereal, raison danishes, and juice, I got my value everyday I was there.

The staff was just the best, the two cousins straightened out my account a couple of times due to me changing my checkout date. Having stayed there almost 2 weeks, the maids didnt come in very regularly, but upon asking, we had good towels, TP, and soap delivered to our room.

Parking was easy as there were never many guests, the hotel is so close to walmart and 5 fast food restaurants, 2 buffets and a mini shopping mall.

Overall the price, breakfast, and location added up to be a GREAT experience. This is NOT a 5 star motel, but it does just fine for the average person who wants a value for their money....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe O
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 29, 2012

It pains me to even give them one star! We booked a non-smoking for my family. When we got there the owners had a large dog chewing on a box in the lobby and their young daughter running around unsupervised. First, they couldn't find our reservation and tried to charge us again! Then, they finally gave us a room..... that was not cleaned and smoking!! After refusing to stay in there with my three small children and arguing with the owner they finally gave me a room an HOUR later. That room was also dirty!! We had to change our own sheets and couldn't even shower because they only had cold water! The place is abandoned and run down and I never got my money back. Please avoid at all cost!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fitzgerald hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitzgerald
Hampton Inn & Suites Tifton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tifton, GA
Best Western Ashburn Inn
Quality Inn Tifton
Quality Inn Tifton
#13 of 15 in Tifton
Days Inn & Suites Tifton
Holiday Inn Express Tifton

Been to Quality Inn Fitzgerald? Share your experiences!