“Good for a short stay but not a week” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Montaperti Hotel

Montaperti Hotel
N Ireland
“Good for a short stay but not a week”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed in this hotel as we had trouble booking anything else in the area and had already booked our flights to Pisa. As we had our two teenage sons with us it wasn't a great success as there really wasn't much to do either at the hotel or in the surrounding area. Thankfully we had hired a car so we did visit a few vineyards and the odd restaurant but we had to travel some distance on each occasion as the hotel was rather remote.
Unfortunately we didn't have any cooking facilities and the hotel didn't serve lunch so again that was an issue. We enquired about this a few times and on the day before we left they started serving burgers and chips at the pool at lunchtime which was a blessing but came a little too late for us.
The evening meals in the restaurant were limited choice wise and really over priced I'm afraid. I don't think we ate once for under £100 for the 4 of us. But as there was only one very basic cafe/restaurant within walking distance we hadn't much choice but to eat in the hotel as we didn't want to drive every evening.
The hotel was clean and tidy but not luxurious and we did pay quite a lot for our stay. Other guests were only staying for one or two nights which would have been fine especially as it was quite a good location for a visit to Siena.
We wouldn't return to this hotel because of the lack of things to do and the remote location but it wasn't a disaster, the Tuscan countryside is as always amazing.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have balconies and some look over surrounding houses with washing and dogs etc. Avoid...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wobbleshill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
florianopolis, SC, brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed 2 times at this hotel without any issue.
Location is quite far from Siena but it's an easy access to Tuscany cities and main roads.
Rooms are new, fresh and with modern style.
Breakfast is OK.
There is a nice "happy hour" at bar to enjoy before dinner.
Price is reasonable. I paid 80 euro / 2 people per night.
I recommend and could stay again.

Room Tip: If you like to use air conditioning, try before unpack your stuffs...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and I spent 9 nights at the Montaperti Hotel during October 2012.

We chose this hotel primarily due to the location as we were visiting the area for the L'Eroica Cycling Event in Gaiole in Chianti. The hotel itself was about a 10-15 minute drive from the L'Eroica start point if you are interested.

The room itself was large with enough room to fit to road cycles inside without them getting in the way. We had a small fridge, television, free Wifi and a lovely bathroom. The bed was huge and we definitely had plenty of space.

We didn't use the outdoor area much, only to dry clothes, but there was a small table in a shared balcony. Our room overlooked the house at the front of the hotel but the road was quiet so it wasn't a problem.

Unlike other reviewers, we found the hotel easily. It is easy to get into Siena and we chose to do so through Taverna D'Arbia which we found was quicker.

There is a restaurant in the hotel but we didn't use it. We did have breakfast most mornings however and the food is okay; nothing special.

The staff were very friendly and patient; nothing was too much trouble.

If I was visiting the area again, I would definitely consider staying here. Perfect if you have a car with you but I don't know how frequently the public transport it.

There is a Coop supermarket in Taverna D'Arbia and a lovely pizerria. We liked it so much that we ate there 7 out of the 9 nights; their food is simple but delicious and well priced for Italian prices. I recommend asking for Pici (prounced Peechie) which is the traditional pasta for the area. It is a little like fat spaghetti and is lovely in olive oil with black pepper.

I am happy to answer any questions you might have about the area, feel free to send me a message!
Happy travels!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the second floor at the rear of the hotel. Go down to breakfast early to make...
3 Thank lozzi47
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is great the staff is helpful and the hotel is beautiful.
My room was in front of a corn field no noise.
We went to the pool at night and the light keeps changing colors really nice.
The breakfast is good.
But you have to go there by car otherwise you will not be able to do nothing because is about 30 minutes from Sienna and 1h from Pisa and Firenze.
Bacal

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leandrobacal
MontapertiHotel, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Montaperti Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
- MONTAPERTI HOTEL: TOGETHER FOR A TOAST! -

Dear Leandrobacal,

thank you so very much for such an enthusiastic review! And thank you as well for the pics you posted on Tripadvisor!

Your nice words mean a lot to all of us and we're are really glad of the appreciation you have shown about your stay at Montaperti Hotel: we work hard every single day, with passion and constancy, and feedback like yours are the greatest reward ever :-)

I'm glad that you enjoyed staying by the pool at night: it's a real pleasure taking a night swim or just relaxing in the outdoor garden, when the sun set over Siena Skyline, filling the air with powerful, intense colors, so unique and unreal that almost look like a postcard!

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back here in the future: we'll be having a toast to your beatiful country, Brasil, and to our wonderful land of Crete!

Ciao,
Menen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

In July 2012, I went to Montaperti Hotel with my sister and parents. It was a wonderfull vacation because th wheather in Italy was excellent, the staff was nice to us, they were friendly. On 10 July, it was my sisters birthday and I told that to an waiter and in the evening, and we got all a present. We could drink champagne and we received fruit for dessert, that was all for free!! So, I am the waiter very gratefull and I hope I return next time because it was a very nice experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
- MONTAPERTI HOTEL: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, TO ALL OF YOU -

Dear FloorA,

first of all I want to thank You and all your Family for chosen Montaperti Hotel for your holiday in "LaBellaItalia": it has been a real pleasure to welcome you here and we are glad to had the chance to celebrate with you your sister's birthday!

It would be a pleasure to welcome you here in 2013 and we're doing our best to satisfy you with some other surprise that will make you remind about us for a long long time :-)

I have already passed on to the Colleague that waited you at the restaurant all your nice words, he's really pleased and he looks forward to see you again in the future . . . and so do we!

Wishing you all the best!
Ciao,

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you are looking for a Tuscany typical scenario, classical values, this is not the place for you to visit.
However, if you are business-like mission or just looking for an efficient base, for functionality, good food restaurant, practicity, a modern scheme then come quickly. You will not be disappointed.
Good installations, good wine selection, a little bit difficult to locate. (the road access even with a GPS, is rather cumbersome). We did not have the time to use the pool or anyother facility apart from the restaurant, so we will not be able to help you there. Service is okay, nothing outstanding

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My partner and I spent a week at Montaperti and I have to say that this was the best value for money hotel we have ever been to. Spacious room thoroughly cleaned daily, gigantic and comfortable double bed, good spa facilities and last but not least...NICO! Wonderful customer service from NIco at reception, he suggested lovely places to visit and wonderful restaurants!

• 4 of 5 stars
MontapertiHotel, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Montaperti Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
- MONTAPERTI HOTEL: FRIENDS ALL OVER THE WORLD! -

Dear Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor!
I really was delighted to read your review and I too hope we can have the chance to look after you once again in the future!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in our junior apartments, which I think are ideal for a longer stay!

You've been staying with us for many days and I know you had the chance to visit the greatest areas of our beautiful Land, but I love challenges and I'll do my best to find some other interesting place, some other good "trattoria toscana", some other astonishing landscape for you to visit and to enjoy if you come back at Montaperti Hotel :-)

By the way . . . I'm still waiting to know if you liked the last restaurant I reccomended :-)

With my best wishes,
#13 of 39 in Siena
4.0 of 5 stars 1,841 reviews
Sangallo Park Hotel
Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais
Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclu...
#2 of 4 in San Quirico d'Orcia
CDH Hotel Radda
CDH Hotel Radda
#4 of 16 in Radda in Chianti
4.0 of 5 stars 725 reviews

Been to Montaperti Hotel? Share your experiences!