“not the best”

Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed August 2, 2013

First off I drove right by the place thanks to the very small sign and the bigger sign blending in with the bushes. It is on a one way street so I had to drive around the block to get back to it. It was clean and the front desk staff seemed nice but the elevator was old, smelled and I have to say a little scary. I was pleasantly surprise at how big the room with the king size bed was. It also had a nice big bathroom with plenty of towels. The only complaint about my stay was when I went to take a shower the next morning I noticed long black hairs all over the tub and walls. The shower walls also had scum build up on them. I also want to warn anyone staying to be careful if logging in on your computer because the first time I signed in my computer shut off and would no longer work. My hard drive crashed (I had updated virus protection so I am not sure why this happened). My husband ended up having to start from scratch with my computer and I lost everything I had on it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kelly D
Santu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear KellyD, Thank you for the review. I'm sorry to hear that our stay was not as enjoyable as it should of been. We will be informing the housingkeeping staff of the things you pointed out. Thank you for letting us know what to work on. hope that you give us another chance to better suit your needs.

Katelyn Front Desk Manager

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I am in Fayetteville visiting family and we are staying at this location. I have stayed here before, but our previous experience didn't seem as bad as this one. First, I booked a King room with sleeper sofa. When I arrived, I was given a room with two queen beds. The clerk did not offer to explain why this change had been made. I suspect it had something to do with the two couples in front of me who were booked for ONE room with two queen beds, but changed to TWO King rooms at check-in (although I cannot prove it). After a 5 hour drive, I decided that I was way too tired to argue, besides I had two cranky kids with me. Next, the elevator had a musty smell. Third, the bathroom is so tiny that the door almost bumps the toilet when you close it. When the bathroom door is opened, there is maybe a one-inch space between the door and the bathtub. This makes it impossible to close the bathroom door without stepping into the tiny space beside the toilet (well, unless you choose to stand on the toilet just to close the door). This spacing issue also makes it nearly impossible to open the door after stepping out of the shower. To get out of the bathroom, you have to either step into the small space between the wall and toilet or stand inside the bathtub just to open the door. The sink is also on the outside of the bathroom, which I am not really a big fan of. The breakfast is okay at best. I rarely write a review while I am at a location, but I am so disappointed that I had to get it in while I still remembered everything that I want to say.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Santu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear HappyJoi, I'm sorry to hear your visit was not as enjoyable as it could of been. We may have changed your room type thinking it would better suit your sleeping arrangments with a extra queen bed instead of our twin size pull out sofa. I hope you wiil give us another try to better meet your standards. Thanks for the informative review.

Front Desk Manager, Katelyn

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located in Fayetteville if this is your final destination. Other than that there is not a long list of things to recommend this facility to a traveller.

I had some issues in terms of the room overall. First, black mold in the bathroom is not ok. Ever. I am 5'9" and could see a rim of it on the top edge of the shower tiles. The sink plug was missing, so anything dropped in the sink had a straight shot down the pipe (as a woman with jewelry I opted to remove it in the bedroom instead). The air vent was completely caked with dust. The wallpaper was peeling as well. So in general I found the bathroom a health hazard.

Oh and another problem: the coffee maker had not been fully emptied from the previous occupant. Water remained in the reservoir. Pet peeve, but if there is a corner cut here, it makes me wonder where else (oh wait, the rest of the bathroom...).

The AC unit is one of those all or nothing deals; it either blows full blast or not at all. I wanted some white noise with the fan on low, but that wasn't an option. Moderately annoying.

This is not an indoor hotel; you have to walk from the lobby through a breezeway. Didn't bother me too much, but just an FYI for when things get hot in Georgia.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Santu P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear kait414, I'm sorry to hear you stay was not acceptable. Thank you for pointing out these problems within the room. We will be correcting them as we speak. We appreciate your review.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice quiet hotel and comfortable all around. It's nice to have a room with good lighting. Good breakfast and an automatic pancake maker that was fun to try. The pancakes were good, too. Hotel staff members were really good. Even if not a new facility it is definitely adequate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santu P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our location here at the Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville, Georgia. We appreciate your kind words and I will share with staff and management your experience! We welcome you to come back and thank you for choosing our location.
Judy Wright DOS

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My brother was sick and in the fabulous Piedmont Fayette hotel one mile down the road. Staying here was fantastic because it gave me a little space to recoup. The Patels who own the place were fantastic and took care of so many things--even finding me a very reasonably priced taxi to the Atlanta airport when I had to fly out. I am convinced if I had asked them to get my dry cleaning or to hem a dress they would have found a way to do it! There is excellent food in the adorable little town right across the street. The hotel fronts on the town square. I would strongly recommend it to anyone for a mini deep south vacation or if you are going to the airport. The breakfast was standard fare but served by a lovely lady who made you feel like this was your home. Holiday Inn should study this installation as a model for how to staff all of its hotels.

Room Tip: The construction of the building is lovely and very secure. I think all of the rooms are on the seco...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Santu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your review! I'll be sure to let the Staff member's know of your praise. We try are best to make everyone feel welcome and at ease while staying with us. Hope your brother is feeling better.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My basic requirements for a hotel are:
Clean room
Comfortable bed
Good pillows
Quiet night

This room/hotel was clean and quiet. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Rooms were updated and nicely furnished. The breakfast was good, the coffee was also pretty good. In all ways this is a good place to stay in the Fayetteville area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santu P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We are happy to hear that everything was to your liking! Thanks for the review!

Front desk Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013

There's not a lot of hotels in this town (only two) and this is one of them. It's ok, nothing to get excited about. Our room was on the main road and quite noisy late at night, with people/children running up and down the floor above us after midnight. If I had to stay in this city again, I would probably try the other hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear KarenVenture_CA,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fayetteville
Hampton Inn Atlanta/Fayetteville
Peachtree City Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Atlanta Peachtree City
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta/Peachtree
Crowne Plaza Atlanta-Peachtree Conference Center
Days Inn & Suites Peachtree City
Days Inn & Suites Peachtree City
#4 of 8 in Peachtree City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville? Share your experiences!