“I'd forgotten how good this place is.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Speedi-Pig Barbecue
Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I don't get to this area that often, but when I do, Speedi Pig is my choice. The finely chopped pork is lean & tasty, served on toast if you like, and I like their slightly tangy sauce. Brunswick stew is a very personal thing, and rarely do I find consensus even at my own table, but I (me) really like Speedi Pigs. Nice people, and remember, cash only.

1  Thank RamblinManGa
There are newer reviews for Speedi-Pig Barbecue

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Really, REALLY good BBQ. Dan Akroyd used to stop with his little family on the way to some family down south of us. Pretty sure it is family owned and operated. Friday night is generally all you can eat ribs night, and before I had lapband surgery, I would indulge periodically. Yummmmmm. But beware of the rib nazi! Don't even think of sharing 1 rib, or you just bought another all-you-can-eat plate! I've taken their chicken wings all over the US to serve at family reunions and friends' get-togethers. They are a star attraction at my spring get-togethers. Nothing like any I have seen, Have been a regular for years, love them, love their food. It's a tiny bit pricy, but the food is of excellent quality.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Sometimes this place is good and sometimes you feel like you got the leftovers. Most of the time it's o.k. The bbq sandwich bun comes soggy sometimes but they will give you a new bun if you ask. The coleslaw is cut a little too big. The home fries aren't always all cooked the same. You get mushy and crispy fries.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

When I visit my aunt in Fayetteville we always make a visit to The Speedy Pig. The food is consistently delicious. I always take a carry out of Brunswick Stew back home to Ky.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

"Hay Hun, y'all just sit anywhere you want" is the usual greeting at this old-timey barbecue joint. Their piglet sandwich, at .99, is a bargain. This chopped pork sandwich can be ordered with hot or mild sauce. Brunswick stew is thick and filled with chopped pork. Sweet tea is a must here. The wait staff is so personable, everyone leaves feeling like they just had lunch with a relative. Although there are better barbecue restaurants out there, The Pig just has a certain charm.

1  Thank ginnymom911