“Finally!! What took me so long??”
Review of City Cafe & Bakery

City Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 134 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Continental and German cuisine for Lunch and Dinner. In business since 1998. Beautiful relaxes setting with inside seating and outside seating. Many repeat customers. A true gem in our community. Also includes a bakery, with freshly baked goods, such as cakes, breads, pastries, wedding cakes, birthday cakes and some catering.
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I live in the area and have wanted to dine here for years but have just never made it there. I decided to have lunch with my daughter and now can't wait to go back with my husband. We ate outside on the lovely patio and it felt like we had left and gone on a trip somewhere. I had the fried green tomato club and it was very good. My daughter wanted to have German and ordered the sausage trio. She enjoyed it but neither of us cared for the kraut. They serve hard, crusty rolls that we did not care for either. We passed on dessert but enjoyed looking at everything in the bakery case. Will definitely get something next time. Looking forward to returning.

There are newer reviews for City Cafe & Bakery

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I have only stopped here for desserts. For the short time it takes to order, I received great service. The price is ok, as expected for custom baked goods.

The few desserts I've had are amazing. They have some unique items and I haven't had something I didn't like yet. I'll definitely be back many more times and I'll try to have a meal and do a full review next time.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We LOVE the City Cafe - the owners are such warm and friendly people and the staff is excellent - many of them have worked there for years. It is a beautiful little place with indoor and outdoor seating right off the square in Fayetteville. They put on a great Oktoberfest as the owners hail from Germany - it is a lot of fun and very delicious! They do special brunches for holidays that book up fast. At lunch they have a variety of sandwiches and other items - the pretzel bread sandwich is awesome! They do a seasonal menu and also carry German specialties year-round. You will DIE over the bakery items - they are the best thing ever! We have celebrated many occasions there - date night, graduation, Mother's Day, Easter. It is just a great place to be and we will continue to go back.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We ate, here just before an event. I love their food. I ordered the shrimp and grits, and really enjoyed. I'm giving it a 3, because we had a problem with our server, when we were trying to pay. There was some error, and she started to argue, or get upset at us. Still, we will return sometime.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

You might not notice it the first time or two you pass this great restaurant but you need to take notice. From the courtyard setting inside to the array of fine baked goods you can tell you are at a special place. Open for lunch six days a week and dinner Wednesday through Saturday you will see a great menu and experience great service. I only suggest you not miss this place next time you eat out in Fayetteville.