“Great Little Find”

City Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #4 of 134 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Continental and German cuisine for Lunch and Dinner. In business since 1998. Beautiful relaxes setting with inside seating and outside seating. Many repeat customers. A true gem in our community. Also includes a bakery, with freshly baked goods, such as cakes, breads, pastries, wedding cakes, birthday cakes and some catering.
Canton, Georgia
“Great Little Find”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Recent health score not observed.
This scenic establishment is located just south of the Fayetteville square and historic county courthouse. The building appears to be relatively new, yet resembles an older, renovated house.
It's largely a soup / salad / sandwich place, but it also features some German dishes as well as an extensive and tempting bakery section.The decor and theme are definitely German / Alpine.
We enjoyed a very good Caesar salad (the dressing was a little tangy but no dealbreaker) and some excellent quiche-of-the-day, then finished with an excellent mini key lime tart.
Although the place was fairly crowded when we went for lunch, the service was fast and friendly.
Definitely recommended!

• Visited July 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Local Jewel”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Lliving in the area, we have had many dining experiences at City Cafe. All of them have been satisfying and pleasant. Menu offers a nice selection of entrees ranging from pasta, fish, chicken, beef, pork and seafoods, and backside of menu offers several German dishes. They have a nice selections of wines, and dessert is a must. Desserts are viewable from display case, which offers a large selection of cookies, cakes, pastries and great breads! Inside of restaurant is tastefully decorated with a very warm feel. I personally enjoy their outside seating area, which is positioned under a very old large oak tree, and has nice summer breezes in the evening. The outdoor herb garden adds a lot of character, and is a plus in my book!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Karen G
Hampton, Georgia
“Great restaurant in Fayetteville, GA”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I had lunch here yesterday and it was great. The decor inside is lovely, quaint and European in style, dominated by the bakery section with its large selection of German-style pastries. We ate outside, since the weather was nice. Service was excellent. I had the fresh mozarella and tomato panini sandwich with basil mayonnaise with a side order of their wonderful sauerkraut, and my husband had the chicken shnitzel with mixed vegetables. My sandwich was to DIE for--warm, toasty, and dripping with melted cheese and the mayonnaise. I suspect it will get even better when tomatoes are more in season. My husband loved his schnitzel and vegetables and ate every crumb. We both had the chocolate mouse domes for dessert--which was also to die for. Lunch prices were very reasonable and so are the bakery prices. I would heartily recommend this restaurant, at least for lunch.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank BonnieT
Fayetteville
“Easter Brunch”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

As always the food was great. The best part of the brunch is that you can sample so many of the wonderful German foods that they present. Then of course the deserts are to die for. Sitting outside is the way to go.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Sandy_S059
“Easter brunch”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Not the best first time experience but this was a buffet and not in the traditional sense of what you'd expect for a holiday meal. It is a German themed restaurant so going in I was not sure what to expect. We were 45 minutes late being seated past our reservation time with no where to sit as the benches were full o other guests. Once inside, we were seated and waited on within 10 minutes which is way long for just a buffet. The selections were pretty weird and I guess my hopes for a selection of salads and fruit to start off were not meant to be. The roast beef had flies on it which was gross and the guy carving the meat made no attempt to wave them off. As I looked at what my other choices were I knew it was going to be rough. But again this was probably not their best moment as a restaurant. Their bakery was nice and they had a nice selection. My family was okay with the meal but walking out $116 lighter I just could not give this place a thumbs up. I was a little miffed that a $16 tip was expected for just filling my water glass. They didn't get it.

3 Thank kellandrich