“Great country cookin”

Tim's Country Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 134 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American
Description: 770-716-0303--Excellent Southern home cooking!
Description: 770-716-0303--Excellent Southern home cooking!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have eaten here several times and it has never disappointed! They have different menus for different nights...yummy!

2  Thank Nette42

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We ate here today for the first time and we will be back. Even my wife who is not a buffet fan claims this food is great.

Fresh tasting properly seasoned vegetables and fried chicken take the prizes here. Also on the Sunday buffet were creamed corn, butter peas, collards, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, macaroni cheese, fried green tomatoes, ham, chicken livers and roast beef. All were very tasty.

The peach cobbler is so good, ice cream included.

We kept seeing the place and never ventured inside, though we have visited its sister restaurant in Griffin. Both are on an equally tasty footing. Glad we visited the Fayetteville store today.

The Sunday buffet runs around $13.00 per person including dessert and ice cream with choice of drink.

Might I add at 2:30pm, the place was packed though we did find an empty table.

We will return. Cannot wait to try their salmon croquettes!

2  Thank trilobite1102
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I agree with some of the other reviews. This place is very good for country cooking. Fried chicken is a huge hit. I also love their stewed tomatos. They also have ice cream, if you ask the staff. The staff is also very kind, and always makes sure you have everything you need. Overall this is a place I would highly recommend.

2  Thank Caleb J
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I don't like buffets, so please take this from the view of someone having a lapband; it's like paying adult charges for a kids' appetite. BUT, the fried chicken is consistently good, the veggies are not overcooked, and the strawberry cake is to die for (hubby likes the chocolate whatever it is beside it). The problem is, I just feel it is not of value *to me* because I can eat 1 chicken leg, a few bites of mashed potatoes and gravy, maybe dressing or another veggie if it looks good (and they frequently do), and I'm always asked if there was something wrong with my dinner, since I can never eat it all (if I'm lucky Dad or Hubby will eat my leftovers). If I wait a few minutes, I can have a small (like 2x2") piece of cake. I can't recommend Seafood night; not sure what was up, but it was like the fryer temp was too low. I paid extra for some oysters, but was disappointed; however, frying oysters is an art (of which I have tried). But that night, everything seemed (to me) greasy which makes me queasy. But my Dad, ex, and brothers' families love it. So take this with experience with a grain of salt -- I just recently had my gallbladder out, so it could have been it was malfunctioning then!

2  Thank sherrirbgr
Reviewed July 14, 2012

It is my belief that if you want to find a good local restaurant, look for the cop cars at lunchtime. You will find them at Tim's, because the food is so very good! The decor is basic, not fancy, but clean. The all-you-can-eat buffet price is around $8, including your beverage and dessert. Don't let the price fool you, though... this food is truly home-cooked, not just scooped out of a can.

The cobblers are wonderful, and though it isn't sitting out, you can ask any server for ice cream to top your cobbler with.

3  Thank scrapsuzy