“Pleasant Dining”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great selections and good atmospere. We have eaten there twice now this year and it has been a pleasnt dining experience each time. There are plenty of selections on the menu and the service is great.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I dined at the "original" Village Cafe in downtown Fayetteville several times. We were very disappointed when they closed and thrilled to find that they had re-opened even nearer to our home. We have been to the new location twice and we are more than pleased. They kept many of the fine entrees they had at the original location and have added some nice treats to the menu. We had a three course meal that we purchased on Groupon and it was extra special. We both had soup as an appetizer and were pleased. My wife had the seafood bisque and i had a wonderfully smooth cream of mushroom with portabellas in it. Connie's entree was the wonderful Salmon Maison and she asked for the spicy honey mustard sauce on the side. It was not as spicy as she had thought so she drizzled it on the salmon and it enhanced the taste. My entree was the Pecan Grilled chicken which was my favorite from before and even through there are new owners, the old recipe mad the transition and it was as tasty as ever!!!

Service was smooth with a waiter who had a sense of humor (a valuable skill). We will go again.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Went to the Village Cafe the other night for dinner. The restaurant is located in a strip mall complex across the street from the hospital. The ambiance is nice enough inside, for a nice quiet dinner with one's favorite person. Our server must have been new to the fine dinning experience, because all he wanted to do was rush us through everything. Not a way to make points! He never explained the specials of the day? The appetizer that came to the table was wrong and was exchanged for the correct one. Instead of placing bread on the table at the start, our server swooped in while in between the salads and main course and asked "want some bread to munch on"? The salad was pre-plated and placed in a chiller, this okay but don't put the tomatoes on while you do this, they turn funky and so do the cucumbers. The entree of Cajun Pasta was okay, the mussels and shrimp were fresh and not over cooked. With just a little more attention to detail the Village Cafe would be above average.

2  Thank flyngourmet
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Every time I go to Village Cafe, I think I'll be adventurous and order something new. I usually change my mind and have the Pecan Chicken! It is SO good, why change my choice, and wish I hadn't! I've tasted most of my family's and friend's entree choices, and I like everything, but the Pecan Chicken is simply my favorite! Good fresh salads. Professional, attentive and friendly service. Good desserts. Great for lunch or supper. It's popular, so be prepared for a wait during peak times. They will take reservations for dinner, I believe--at least, I know they will for something special.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Our party of 4 took advantage of the groupon special last Saturday. The deal seemed too good to be true, but we were pleaseantly suprised. We shared calamari and a tomato fondue. Both were excellent. Two of us had the seafood bisque which was definitely made from scratch. For entered we had shrimp and steak scampi and steak au poivre. All four of us were extremely happy with our choices. Service was top notch, but not overbearing. Liked the fact we were not rushed. We will be back