Decameron Isleno
Hotel Calypso(San Andres)
$109
$152
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Arena Blanca(San Andres)
$209
$98
$89
$146
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Posada Lizard House(San Andres)(Great Value!)
$46
$43
  • Free Internet
Hotel Portofino(San Andres)
$149
  • Pool
Hotel Verde Mar(San Andres)
$139
Hotwire.com
$132
$106
Hotel El Dorado(San Andres)
$211
Cancelon
2,115 results
All reviewsall inclusive hotelbest hotel on the islandocean frontdifferent nationalitiesgreat place to gonew toweramazing poolminutes from the airportinternational fooddoing nothingno comparisonrooms are comfortablerocky caypublic beachother islandsspecialty restaurantsamazing hotel
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Nice new hotel, beautiful weather good food. The staff is friendly but some of them only speak spanish but its ok. Beach is nice and is public, too many dogs hanging around. The city should pass a law prohibiting dogs on The beach.

Would go again

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Claude L
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel itself couldn't be more impressive.. beautiful beachfront location with brand new amenities, fantastic food, comfortable beds and rooms, impressive pool and bars, colourful buildings. However, the management, although accommodating when pressed, proved consistently to make poor decisions when it came to wait staff, customer bookings, and amenity scheduling.

Firstly, my family arrived in separate reservations, but together, as a party of 13. Every couple within the party was checked in without issue, until it came to my sister and her husband, who were told that the room they were originally booked for had an air conditioner that was out of service and they would have to be moved to a different hotel 15 mins away by taxi for the first night. For only a three night stay, and considering we were a family traveling together, we were justifiably outraged, and stated that this was unacceptable. As it was already 8p by the time of check-in, they said all rooms were already occupied and they had no other alternative available - to which my sister responded that she would stay in the room, without air conditioning, just to not separate the group. The management then admitted that the room was "under construction" and not habitable - which means they have known for some time that the room was unavailable! Considering as how the trip was booked all with the same travel agency, the hotel should have been aware of the situation and either asked someone else to change hotels. Is it our belief that the hotel intentionally oversold the room, knowing they didn't have the space available, expecting that there would be no consequence! After much debate and arguing, my sister and her husband decided to share a room with other family members, and we were given a free excursion the next day, for all 13, as compensation. Weary from travel, we then collect our keys and make our way to our rooms, realising that we are on completely different sides of the resort! Again, we booked it all together, with the last names, and they didn't have enough sense to put at least near each other? There were younger people in our group that had to be split up between adults in order to accommodate such a lack of foresight.

Also, this proved to be a minor issue, but still worth mention - the pool closed at 6p every day. On a tropical island, where the sun doesn't go down till 7p and tourists are obviously on holiday and have no need to turn in early, 6p was just way too early. At 6:05 when we attempted to enter the pool, unaware of its closure, we were advised that the treatment chemicals are already being pumped into the water, and that it was unsafe to go into. What?!

The next issue we had was with the wait staff. It was my first stay at an all-inclusive hotel so I cannot judge if this is simply a consequence of workers believing they will not be receiving tips and thus don't have to deliver the same quality of service, but the bartenders were some of the most slow and incompetent people I have ever had serve me a drink (except for Jose, who was an absolute treasure of an employee!) and I learned not to even approach the bar if there were more than 3 people standing there, as it was a guarantee that the wait would be more than 20 minutes. It was evident that a lot of the servers/bartenders there either had no idea what they were doing, or were just simply unprofessional to the point of complete disregard of the guests. I found out at the end of the trip the extent of this poor selection of employees - upon checkout, I realised that 285.000 Colombian pesos (~$145 USD) had been stolen from my hotel room. Agreed, that it was partly my fault, as I had left my wallet zipped up in an inside pocket of my purse instead of in the safe, but it was simply the icing on the cake. I filed a formal report with the head of security, who assured me that this had not happened before (although, since the hotel has only been open 2 months, that wasn't entirely reassuring), but that he would review the tapes to see who had entered the room during my stay there, and that they would perform the necessary enquiries if need be. It remains to be seen if anything comes of it, but I'm not too optimistic.

Overall, as mentioned above, the hotel itself is beautiful, but be wary of the management and waitstaff. The island itself is beautiful, but obviously poor, and one must be very careful venturing off the resort itself.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank Lilith R
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Following my tradition of a different place every New Year to meditate on the previous year, I went to this hotel in San Andres Island and was I surprised! Everything was excellent...it's a brand new five-star hotel (opened December 15, 2013) with all it needs to truly enjoy your stay. The service, food, amenities, entertainment and location was excellent. The only thing I didn't like was that the beachfront does not have chairs for their guests and you must rent and pay for a tent or chair from another company. Otherwise, I truly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor right in front of the pool and beach...I sat there for hours just watching that 7-colored sea!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
16  Thank Rosacarbono
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Beautiful brand new hotel,opened December 17,2013.We feel that the El Isleno is the best of all the Decameron Hotels on the Island.We visited all of them, because when you stay at this hotel you are allowed to eat at all of the Decamerons hotel restuarants a la carte(there are 5) .The Aquarium was very good as well!Transportation is inclued free of charge for some of the hotels that are to far to walk to.All of the staff members including managemant are very accommodating ,they speak English ,and some try very hard to speak French.We enjoyed the cleanliness and the quietness of our room.The 3 story hotel rooms have nicely renovated and spacious rooms facing in all directons of the site.Our room was located on the second floor facing the pool towards the ocean.The view was spectacular!We would suggest this hotel to anyone who woud like to visite the Island of San Andres ,Columbia.It was definitly a great choice for us!I We will be going back in the near future.We would rate this hotel as a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deblynsky
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Newly refurbished hotel, right on beach and within a very easy walk to various shops, bars, and restaurants. Not that you need the restaurants since this an all inclusive hotel. Food was excellent albeit it did cater more to the Colombian than international fare. Rooms were a good size and had a good selection of TV channels with some channels offering American TV shows and movies in English that had a Spanish subtitles. This hotel did not have nightly shows like some Decameron hotels but did have a small band play about an hour a night different music varieties. In addition to being right on the beach, the hotel had a couple of pools, a work out room and a small spa, that offered massages for 45 dollars an hour. This seemed to be a premium price for the location and was therefore probably never too busy. One complaint I did have is that the hotel did not have any clothes hangars in the room and was unable to deliver them to our room even though I asked for them on three separate occasions. Since we paid a premium price during the main holiday season, that would have matched five star hotels in many cities, I was quite annoyed by their attitude of not meeting my request.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean view room, only one one of the buildings has a very good ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple