All reviews juan and jennifer vending machine the owner bed dorm other guests equipped kitchen cuba libre great hosts new friends safe neighborhood lovely week social atmosphere family atmosphere place to stay home from home place is clean quiet at night
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

The best about this hostel is for sure its atmosphere. I should have stay 5 nights and I finally spend 10 more nights there. Really don't wanted to get away from this little paradise where I felt so good.
Juan, Jenny and Alejandro are here to help you, whatever you need. I've done my PADI open water as well as the advanced level and they organized everything for me. They will make you feel like at home, welcomed and comfortable. This hostel they built is something really special! The people you will meet there are probably the ones you'll keep in touch with. As a solo traveler, I had the feeling of a little community and this place is probably the best to make friends and create real relationships between travelers.
The rooms are great, beds are really comfty the place is always really clean. Location is good too, between the town centre and not too far from the most beautiful beach of the Island.
Tip: Book early because of their high demand!
Thank you so much to Alejandro, Juan and Jenny for this incredible experience in Paradise, hope to come back one day !
Oh and a big kiss to shaggy the chilliest dog ever !

Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2016

Blue Almond feels like home! It's a little hostel where everyone knows each other. This makes this place so special. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and Shaggy, the dog is awesome! Chido! Chevere! Geil! I loved staying at this amazing place!

Reviewed October 13, 2016

I had such a incredible time at this place. Very nice people, great atmosphere. Alejandro gave me many tips on how to get around and the places I could go to have fun. I wish I had more time to spend at this Island and at this hostel. I made many friends here!

Room Tip: The rooms are very similar, could not find a difference
Reviewed October 10, 2016

This was an awesome hostel on the island of San Andres. I stayed in the 10 bed dorm which was more like a house with 10 comfortable single beds than a dorm. Juan, Jennifer, Alejandro and the illist dog of them all Shaggy made my time at Blue Almond a blast. They can organize tours and give recommendations for anything you want to do on the island. From the instant you set foot in the hostel you're made to feel part of the family. Being a small hostel you get to know everybody staying there so you'll always have somebody to hang out with.... or if you want to chill super hard Shaggy is always there to keep you company. I miss everybody I met there. Bee back soon.

Room Tip: the 10 bed dorm has tons of space
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

My favorite hostel up to date! The moment you check in the staff makes you feel like family. They introduce you to every guest that bumps into you during check in. The staff also go out of their way to help you. If you have questions about a dive site, a restaurant, a neighborhood, they will gladly help you. Rooms are big and spacious not like other bed factory hostels. Hostel is in a nice part of town not far from downtown. Always felt safe even walking at night.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo