All reviewsdive masterthe ownerbeautiful sunsetboutique hotellovely pooldivesscootersnorkelingmosesninaparadisebeacheswreckislandtaxislizardshammocks
Reviewed October 26, 2011

One of the most amazing hotels I have ever seen!!! My husband and I spent our vacation at Playa Tranquilo. The staff is extremely friendly, the rooms make you feel like you are relaxing in the privacy of your own home and the views are spectacular! Every morning we would wake up to the most beautiful sunrise and and excellent breakfast. Playa Tranquilo offers activities for every interest to make every day an adventure, or if you prefer you can relax by the pool and soak up the sun. I would recommend this hotel if you want an unforgettable island vacation!!

Room Tip: All the rooms at this hotel are very clean and comfortable. I would recommend any of them
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My fiancée and I were looking forward to an island vacation trip for a long time, before finally settling on San Andres after doing a lot of research.

We couldn't have been any happier with Playa Tranquilo. The house you get to stay at is right near the beach, and has its own swimming pool!

The provided food was excellent; when visiting, you're granted the services of a personal chef who makes AMAZING dishes. My fiancée and I both consider ourselves foodies, so this was an important aspect of the trip -- and it did not disappoint.

One word in the name of the resort -- "Tranquilo" -- plays an exceptionally important part in the charm of this place. That's because it's hard to describe the tranquility that comes from being able to enjoy all the wonders of a tropical island without being disturbed by anyone.

Being able to relax (by yourself, or with loved ones/friends) on a beautiful beach, watching an amazing sunset cascade over the crystal clear water, without being bothered by anyone at all, is just amazing.

It's also worth noting that the staff is exceptionally friendly and attentive! Customer service can make all the difference in the world when you're trying to enjoy your vacation, and I was immensely satisfied with it here.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a trip where you basically get to feel as if you own a resort on your own private island for a couple weeks. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I'm pleased to say that all of the reviews of Playa Tranquilo are completely and entirely true. However, they forgot to mention my single most favorite part of staying at this wonderful place - waking up. Every morning I was greeted by a beautiful sunrise and the most delicious and refreshing juices coming from fruits native to the island; it was the perfect start for every gorgeous day. Thank you so much to all the staff!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Playa Tranquilo is the boutique hotel I've longingly searched for during my 10 years of travel. It's peaceful relaxing environment is matched by the beautiful exotic decor and the hospitality from the staff exceeds expectations. If you want a piece of paradise, they've definitely perfected it.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Hi

I want to tell you what an amazing experience we had at your resort. THe beaches were beautiful and the food was amazing.... the staff are so kind and very accommodating. I will tell all my friends and family about this resort and hope they have as good as time as we did.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends