Playa Tranquilo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Blue Cove(San Andres)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Cocoplum Beach Hotel(San Andres Island)
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Hotel(San Andres Island)
  • Pool
Decameron Marazul(San Andres Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsdive masterboutique hotellovely pooldivesscootersnorkelingmosesparadiseninabeacheswreckisland
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Playa Tranquilo is the boutique hotel I've longingly searched for during my 10 years of travel. It's peaceful relaxing environment is matched by the beautiful exotic decor and the hospitality from the staff exceeds expectations. If you want a piece of paradise, they've definitely perfected it.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Hi

I want to tell you what an amazing experience we had at your resort. THe beaches were beautiful and the food was amazing.... the staff are so kind and very accommodating. I will tell all my friends and family about this resort and hope they have as good as time as we did.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have been to many resorts (B&B) and I have to say this has been one of my favorites. THe staff goes over the top for each and every guest. The food was amazing and the beaches are beautiful. I hope my next vacation I can return to Playa Tranquilio. Thanks for the wonderful memories.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have traveled in Colombia for two years and I had heard of San Andres Island. I researched it and saw the reviews here of Playa Tranquilo and they sold me on booking the room for July 20-24, 2011. I stayed with my Colombian girlfriend. You truly cannot get the feeling of this place from the pictures in the reviews here. The pictures are factual-it just was so much better for me than I ever thought it would be. There is a front building under construction for 5 hotel rooms. Then a duplex and up from that is the pool and then a beautiful house. We stayed 3 nights in the duplex and one night in the house. We were the only guests there as we magically booked inbetween other guests. We had the whole place to ourselves. At night the stars are incredible to see. I saw the Milky Way. I have not seen the Milky Way in over 20 years due to light pollution in Texas. I absolutely loved this place. It is maybe 10 acres with palm trees and grass. Beautiful pool and the beds are comfortable and large. I can not say enough about this place. The staff was wonderful and only wanted to please. A lady would come in each morning and prepare breakfast for us. I have traveled a lot and have never had a situation like this. It is outside the city and if you want immediate action all the time this place is probably not for you. It is for a very relaxed and private time of unwinding. The taxis are not a problem there as they have some they always call. The fare was under $10 to town and the same back. We would go into town in the late morning and do the tourist routine. I liked the island a lot. I have never done any of the island vacations. I always thought they would be so artificial. This was a tourist island but not so overly touristy you lose sight of the wildlife. The water was crystal clear and various hues of blue. Absolutely beautiful. We did a taxi trip around the island and stopped at various sight seeing spots. Really reasonable for 3 hours it was like $35 plus the entry fees at the various stops which were cheap. As it is a free port things were much cheaper than Colombia mainland. Lot of bird life to see around the hotel and the last day a large iguana was outside our house door and I rolled out an apple which it fed on for a while. I would recommend this for a couple or a solo traveler. I think it might be a little too laid back for kids on a vacation. The staff was more than helpful and I can only give positive reviews to PLAYA TRANQUILO. I did not want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2011

It was as described on the name and photos of property itself. Hassle free when check in and check out. Impressed mostly by its tranquility, landscape, and proximity to the coral beach of Carribean sea where we went for snorkeling. It was just literally few meters from the property front gate. Felt like our own beach. We saw many beautiful fish when snorkeling. There were some minor things for improvement, like shed for outdoor dining table, free wifi connection, and bugs control (typical condition in tropical weather). The rate was a little bit pricey (compared to those all-inclusive hotels). However, overall we loved it and we love to be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
senorusted, Owner at Playa Tranquilo, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

A quick footnote to this review from management. We are desperately waiting for the new internet cable to reach our property, which we are told should happen very soon. Island life!
Regards,