Playa Tranquilo
$192
Hotel Portofino(San Andres)
$147
  • Pool
Hotel El Dorado(San Andres)
$200
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Arena Blanca(San Andres)
$219
TripAdvisor
Decameron Isleno(San Andres)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdive masterboutique hotellovely pooldivesscootersnorkelingmosesparadiseninabeacheswreckisland
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I will not recommend this place to anyone. It is not a hotel it is a house and do not have any good service. No beach just a small swiming pool.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank siloeLondres
senorusted, Owner at Playa Tranquilo, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2011

Dear Valued Trip Advisor User,

We at Playa Tranquilo understand that Trip Advisor is a completely subjective forum. This negative posting has been brought to our attention by other clients that found it to be factually misleading. This guest is entitled their opinion, but we would like to clarify a few of the statements made. Per our listing on Trip Advisor, we are classified as a Bed & Breakfast, not a Hotel as this posting states. We are not simply one House that is for rent. The property is 3 acres large, with a total of three structures on it. The House is 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms, and though can be rented out by itself during peak periods, is normally occupied with separate guests in their private quarters, as a Bed & Breakfast. The Apartment is a separate structure on the property, has 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, and is used in the same way that the House is. Lastly is the Boutique Hotel/Bed & Breakfast (currently under a complete renovation), which is 5 individual guest rooms. Additionally, feel free to view our website where it clearly states where we are located and the fact that there is no sandy beach, but still, direct access to the Caribbean Sea. We are a small business that caters to a different type of traveler. A traveler that is not looking to stay at a major compound/corporate Hotel/Resort. We are very open about this in all of our literature and correspondences. If any reader is looking for a Hotel like that, we will be happy to recommend several options on the island and we are further happy to admit that we are not that experience. However, if you are looking for a unique, small and friendly Bed & Breakfast experience, then please mention this article and we will be happy to offer you a discount and/or free upgrade (depending on availability).

Many thanks for your time and we look forward to your visit.
Playa Tranquilo

Reviewed April 7, 2011

I LOVE this place! I am not into "big resorts" and have traveled widely. I had been looking for a place that was secluded from the hustle of tourists, but didn't want to feel like I was on a deserted island. Playa Tranquilo felt like a home away from home and really the best of BOTH worlds. The staff were incredibly attentive to my needs and eager to please. I didn’t have to worry about anything. The meals were delicious and the chef was more than happy to accommodate my dietary restrictions. The unbeatable privacy and natural beauty is only enhanced by the constant sounds of the breaking waves/peaceful tranquility along with gorgeous views. Crystal clear waters, excellent sunbathing, snorkeling and diving opportunities-I ran out of time to do all that I wanted. The décor was impeccable: simple and classy with a modern zen touch. Outstanding taste both in the choice of locations and in actual layouts of the residences. Playa Tranquilo is exactly that: a comfortable place to relax and rejuvenate. I would recommend this place to my friends and plan on returning soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The best vacation of my life! From the beauty of the Island to the tranquility of the accommodations. Staff very attentive, house is extremely comfortable and the pool was refreshing. Can't wait to get back!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This was my first ever trip with my wife to San Andres. I'm American (latin) and my wife is Colombian so we are well versed in Spanish. With that said, I wanted to really wanted to investigate on travel advisor what would best the best place to stay and travel advisor did NOT disappoint!

I read so many reviews about the Decameron / "All inclusive" places and I just did not want to feel like a number that was just checking in! In addition, the reviews were correct in regards to staying close to the "scene" and with the street vendors / time sharer vendors etc bothering you. I definitely did NOT want this experience.

I knew I made the right choice in selecting Playa Trannquilo (www.playatranquilo.com) because within 20 minutes of me sending them an email it was returned in perfect English! WOW!

Ghatta (Owner/ Partner) called me and we had a very nice conversation. She is American. Ghatta really knows how to run a business! She was super attentive in regards to answering all of our questions. So we felt 100% comfortable and booked a 3 night 4 day stay.

As promised her manager Moisses was awaiting us at the airport with a sign (Playa Tranquilo). His English is perfect since he used to live in Miami. He is also a dive instructor on the island!

We arrived at the Hotel and Maria (Personal Maid / Cook) was awaiting our arrival with Coconut drinks in hand as Moisses was helping us with making plans. He even made a reservation for us at La Regatta (#1 Restaurant ). Since the place has a full kitchen, he asked if we wanted to give him a list of grocery items we needed. He obliged and when we arrived back the items were their awaiting us in the fridge! Awesome!

Moisses hooked us up with the BEST driver EVER. His name is Nader. He is a native of San Andres, very educated, speaks the native language (creole), spanish and perfect english! Nader was great! He was extremely punctual, helpful, informative and seemed to know everyone on the island! We felt so comfortable with him that we used him exclusively! he made such a great impression on us that we invited him and his wife to lunch before on our last day.

Playa Tranquilo is just that! VERY relaxed atmosphere! Very beautiful modern decor! We had our own personal pool, maid, taxi driver with Moisses available by cell if we needed him. What we found that is most important is Playa Tranquilo is away from all the hustle tourist "Red Zone"! After hanging out at the beach, tours, crowded restaurants the last thing we wanted to do is come home to a "hotel" like place with the sounds of doors slamming, street sales people outside the hotel door etc. Playa Tranquilo was completely the opposite! We felt like we were coming back to our personal home with silence and tranquility! We love the fun of the vacation but it was FANTASTIC to just have a place to come back and truly relax!

Maria (Maid/ cook) would have our breakfast ready in the morning and she set it up on the table pool side! She was FANTASTIC!

In conclusion: If your looking for a place that advertises "All Inclusive" ie the Decameron then good luck with having success! If your wanting a fantastic get away with a place to come back to at night or just hang out with no stress then Playa Tranquilo is the PLACE!!! We WILL DEFINITELY be back SOON! They have set the customer service bar very high and I will NOT take any chances by staying anywhere else than Playa Tranquilo!

Thanks again for a wonderful and memorable stay!
Nicholas

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Once again Playa Tranquilo didn't disappoint. The stay was punctuated by perfect weather,relaxation and excellent food. This time I am attaching some pictures to give a better sense of the property. I felt as though I owned my own island. The diving was once again fantastic and the rythm of the day worked well, especially having lunch ready upon returning from the morning dives. The staff was great. I will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family