“Disappointing”

Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in San Andres
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Wine Bar in San Andres Island. It offers international cuisine with friendly and bohemian atmosphere. Our dishes are fresh, made instantly. Delight the place while you enjoy a glass of wine.
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

I don't know if maybe this place has different owners now, but I don't understand the mentioning in Lonely Planet and raving reviews on TripAdvisor. We came here after reading those and left rather disappointed.
A shame I didn't look at the menu before going in. It's almost never a good sign if a restaurant serves meat, seafood, burgers, pizza, pasta, paella and fondue all at the same time.
We ordered bruschetta as a starter. They were definitely deep frozen and the one with tomato cubes was inedible. My main (vegetables in a balsamic reduction and parmesan cheese) was OK, so was my husband's burger. At the prices they charge, you would expect better though. Also, the wine and coffee aren't a big deal.
However, the waitress was quite friendly and the interior looks nice.
To conclude, the 'gourmet' in the name doesn't mean much, it serves to lure in tourists.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Great option for pasta and fish. We ate here twice: for lunch we had the Menu del Dia (excellent fish, good value) and for dinner we enjoyed Lasagna and a seafood chicken dish - both were excellent and no pricier than other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

We ate here on our last evening on the island and it was great. The only regret was not going earlier in our trip. The food was outstanding and the service excellent. I cant recommend this place enough. I wish I could remember the waiters name; he spoke good English and provided great service.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

They market themselves as a restaurant and winery but I think winery is kind of an overstatement because there was only one type of white wine available by the glass and the waitress didn’t even know which wine it was - a colleague had to me and answer that.

We had a decent meal - a fish fillet and some prawns, both with salad on the side. It would have been nice if there wasn’t so much oil and if the salad was a bit more diverse (only had lettuce, onions and olives). But everything was fresh and tasty.

Cool, wine-inspired decoration and the fact that they offered some garlic bread was a nice touch.

Reviewed March 8, 2018

I was excited to try this restaurant after reading the reviews. It was off the main strip and had a cute atmosphere, but that's all I can say nice about it. We went for lunch. There were only about 3 tables taken and it took almost an hour to get our fish that only came with rice. The fish was either slightly undercooked or mealy. We ate it because we were so hungry but there were much better deals and better tasting food on the island. For more info visit etbtravelphotography