“Hotel ratings must be old”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fairburn
Doswell
“Hotel ratings must be old”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Appeared to be a large number of construction crew members staying at hotel and milling/drinking in parking lot. Public area bathrooms were unserviced and worse condition that any gas station we have ever had the displeasure of stopping at. Our room was in disrepair and despite numerous communication with staff issues were not fixed during our visit. Have to admit the staff were extremely courteous and friendly and understanding of our concerns. One of the tree nights we were there our room was overlooked for servicing. At check out time we asked to speak to the general manager about our concerns but were asked to wait as he was having his breakfast. Not a location we would ever return to even if free under our Wyndham membership rewards.

Room Tip: Pick another Wyndham location
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom W, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
I must admit that with all of the issues you listed in your review, I would have been voicing my concerns a little louder during my stay rather than waiting until after I checked out.
If we offer service to you, we have to offer service to everyone including construction workers and truckers. We can not completely control what they do in the parking lot around their vehicle. We can only ask they clean up when they are finished. Our public restrooms are serviced daily (every morning before 11am) and are checked every afternoon by 5pm. There was one issue in December when a guest had placed a room key down the toilet what stopped it up. The issue was resolved the next day. If you had a DO NOT DISTRUB sign on your door, (which was the case) we observed this request and did not service your room on that day..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brooklyn
Reviewed October 31, 2013

When I saw this hotel for the great price I was very unclear as to me staying here let alone my family but I viewed the website before I got there and to my surprise everything was just the way I expected I saw trees around the area and wasn't sure if it was In a good area but it was just what
I expected staff was very pleasant very helpful with my family getting around the area and the breakfast was great so was the cook we definitely enjoyed our stay and thinking to visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Tom W, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your wods. We try to offer a great rate and outstanding service that will invite our guests to return. We are pleased you and your family enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairburn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn
Best Western Plus Fairburn-Atlanta Southwest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta Southwest-Fairburn
Days Inn & Suites Union City
Days Inn & Suites Union City
#1 of 10 in Union City
Peachtree City Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn? Share your experiences!