“Wonderful Mexican dive!”

Taqueria Iztaccihuatl
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Fairburn
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Everything is homemade. We got a coupon from the hotel we stayed it so it was cheaper. It is not fast-food price, but delicious.

1  Thank luvrockymts

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

The food here is delish! It gets busy during lunch hour! The waitresses are very nice and the owner greets me everytime I come in. They seem to be very humble, good people.

1  Thank futuretraveler_11
Reviewed March 4, 2012

At the recommendation of a seminarian at my church, who hails from the Districto Federale, near Mexico City, I tried it for dinner on a Thursday evening. The menu is modest but at the same time ambitious. Several plates of chicken, beef and vegetable fare. Chips and salsa came out before ordering. I had the enchiladas rosas plate - four beef enchiladas in red sauce, topped with shredded lettuce, queso fresco and shredded farmer cheese. Just right - about $9. I will make a point of trying everything on the menu in as short a time frame as possible.

1  Thank Dispatch006
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My husband and I went here for lunch after finding it on TripAdvisor. We live five minutes away and never knew it existed. There was several people there for lunch but we were able to sit right away. They brought us chips and salsa as soon as we sat down, the chips were pretty good however the salsa was disappointing. I am used to chunky salsa with a little spice but this was pretty bland. There is not many drink options, no alcohol, and soft drinks in a bottle. My husband liked the sweet tea. The food was pretty good and fresh. I liked that they offered shredded beef instead of just ground beef. I had enchilada's that were good, my husband had fried tacos that were slightly overcooked. It's not my favorite Mexican restaurant but it is close by and I am willing to go back to try other things.

1  Thank hotelbandit2010
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We were staying in Fairburn to catch an early flight in Atlanta. We found the restaurant through tripadvisor and decided to try it. The first thing we noticed was how great the chips are. They were the best tortilla chips we had ever had. We got tons of food and good service.
The restaurant isn't super nice, its just a few tables and you can see them cooking your food, but at least you know its cooked fresh to order. They have a great health department score. You get in and out fast.
We liked it so much that we stopped back by to eat again after we flew back into Atlanta.

1  Thank jbullockga