“Nice stop over”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fairburn
Indian Trail, NC
“Nice stop over”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Spent one night here on route home from the FL beaches. Room was nice and comfortable. Little hard to find since sign was faded. Nice breakfast as well. A little noisy due to other guests slamming doors. Checkout was listed as noon but housekeeping came by at 10:50AM and then wifi was cut off. Good thing we were on the way out!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Angela A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay . We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Anaheim CA
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Everything about this hotel was great. All the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice with everything you could want or need. The breakfast selections were more than plentiful. Hot food was hot and fresh. I would tell anyone staying in the area to check in here. You will be very pleased!

Room Tip: A room on the 3RD floor away from the elevator is what I like.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your survey. I will pass your message on to the staff that their smiling faces everyday did make a difference.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are super spacious, beds are very comfortable and it's been well maintained. Just walking in I would have given it 5 stars.

However, we were awake (with kids) past midnight due to the VERY loud walking & jumping noises above us. We asked for the top floor but all rooms were booked. We finally went to sleep and did have a good night's sleep until the loud noises woke us about 8:30 a.m.

The breakfast situation was not good. Gravy was cold, waffle machine was empty, cups were out, no tables to sit at. The breakfast is free but we were unable to get much of it.

My suggestions: eat breakfast early and ask to be on the top floor.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your response, I am so sorry about what happened when you stayed with us. I hope you will give us another opportunity to get it right. It is my responsibility to make sure we have everything that we need to make your stay comfortable and memorable in a positive way. I will make sure that will not happen again.

Hope to see you soon!

Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I'm giving the hotel 3/5 because the rooms were nice and the amenities were good. I have stayed in this hotel before and had pleasant experiences, hence the reason I came back. However, this time I had major issues with the charges/billing. I had 3 rooms all in my name for 2 nights (close to $900). When I reviewed my credit card online, I found 6 charges (should have had 3, one for each room). 2 of the 6 charges were because they had charged me twice (not just the usual credit card pre authorization--- where they run a small charge and then it drops once the 'real' charge has gone thru)---a total of $415 over the amount I was supposed to pay. I had to go thru my credit card company (I got little to no help from hotel staff when I called) to get the situation fixed.

But that's not even my biggest issue......I found a 6th charge for $250, when I asked what it was, I was told it was a pet charge. Ok, I get it, pet charges are good--they keep the rooms nice/clean/quiet, but guess what? There WAS NOT A PET staying in any of our 3 rooms!! When I told the person I spoke to that there must have been a mix up, all they said was that housekeeping found a dog food bowl and evidence of a dog in one of our rooms. I explained again that we did not have a dog with us and obviously this was a mistake. They couldn't have cared less and continued to tell me that housekeeping found dog evidence in the room. They showed no respect for me as a customer (a return customer at that) and offered no consolation or assistance to rectify the matter. I plan to take this matter up with the corporate office and I will NEVER give this hotel my business again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tez S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for feed back. I am very sorry to know you had an unpleasant experience. We strive to make every guest experience a positive one with a great stay. Your feed back is very important to us and we thank you for being a valued guest while staying at our hotel.
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We traveled to Fairburn GA to attend the Georgia Renaissance Festival. The staff of the hotel bent over backwards to make sure our stay was flawless. We loved everything about this property. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and beautifully appointed, a fresh hot breakfast was provided, and and the beds were heavenly! If we have occasion to return, we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: All the rooms our group had were comfortable. The walls are a bit thin and some noise from the hall...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tez S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Your feed back is greatly appreciated and it is so good to know you had a positive experience while staying at the hotel. When visiting the Fairburn, GA. area we hope to have you as our guest again!
bonaire
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Front desk staff was excellent. A great breakfast variety (waffles, eggs, biscuits & gravy, cereal). I do not recommending staying on the first floor due to the early breakfast clinging of dishes will awake you. You can also hear the people above walking; however it is convenient if you have clothes to wash (laundry room is on the first floor), but the staff uses it also & you have to wait for them to finish.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor....less noise. If you need breakfast; I recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tez S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your positive feed back. It is good know that we met your expectations. When visiting the Fairburn area it would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed here recently for an overnight stop when traveling! The staff was GREAT! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable! The complimentary breakfast offered many selections and was serviced by a friendly young lady who did everything she could to be of assistance! Would most defnitely recommend this hotel and stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tez S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your positive feed back! It is awesome to know that we met and exceeded your expectations. We can't wait to have you visit us again when in the Fairburn area. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairburn
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn
Best Western Plus Fairburn-Atlanta Southwest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta Southwest-Fairburn
Days Inn & Suites Union City
Days Inn & Suites Union City
#1 of 10 in Union City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Union City

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn? Share your experiences!