“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fairburn
Milton, Florida
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

As always This hotel chain lives up to great quality! The staff was great, the room was great and the breakfast was hot and very good. I have read some of the other reviews while they were not all that good I have never one time had a bad experience. The lady that was in the breakfast area was always coming by and asking everybody if they needed anything. The employee's I came in contact with were all the best!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank You Becky for your response. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay here. We will always strive to give you the best guest experience each and every time! On behalf of our Country Inn & Suites Family, Thank you you for your business!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Made my reservation based that this location had an indoor pool with hot tub and also had King size rooms with a jacuzzi. I could have stayed anywhere I wanted to in the Metro Atlanta area. The staff was friendly enough, the motel grounds and appearance were fine. However, on the first night I was trying to find the hot tub and while there are signs on the wall which read "pool and spa" there is no hot tub at this location. On the corporate website, it lists this location as having a hot tub, and there are even pictures. I went to the front desk and asked where the hot tub was and the clerk had a small laugh and matter of fact told me that there was not one. I seriously wanted to check out right then and there. I really enjoy relaxing in the hot tub and then swimming. The swimming pool is advertised on the website as being a heated pool. The pool is ice cold ! Not enjoyable whatsoever. As I was getting on the elevator after swimming the one time I went for the five days I was there, a lady asked how the pool was ? I told her it was ice cold, she laughed and said that she stays at this location often and the pool is always cold.

Another issue is that on the third day of my stay as I was walking in my room and approaching my bed, I noticed a small bottle poking out from under the bed skirt. Very much in plain view. When I picked it up, I at first thought it was lip gloss, but as I read the label, I found to my disgust that it was a bottle of peach flavored personal lubricant from a prior guest. What if i would have had children and one of them would have found this and thought it was candy. The bottle, which I took pictures of looked like a child could have gotten into this. When I lifted up the bed skirt to look under there, I also found a champagne cork. This really shows a lazy work ethic from housekeeping since these items were right there under the bed skirt. Another housekeeping issue was that on the Monday of my stay, the maid knocked on the door and quickly tried to open it at 0920 but the security lock was fastened. There was no announcement of "housekeeping" or once the door was opened "ok.. sorry, I'll come back later" not one word was spoken. I wondered why the maid didn't start with a room that was checked out and opened my door since I was a stay over. That's usually the way it's done. I did place the do not disturb sign on the door at that point, around 0930, took a shower and then left around 11 am at which point I removed the do not disturb sign. There were several rooms in the hallway with the doors wide open and propped open with a chair. It looked like it was the mattress flip day. When I came back to the room around 7 pm, I found to my surprise that my room was never touched. I called the front desk to ask why, and the clerk told me that it was because there was a do not disturb sign on the door when the maid checked. Seriously ? I've stayed all over, had the do not disturb sign on the door early in the morning, then removed it and left for the day and my room is always cleaned when I come back that afternoon. It's not like I left the do not disturb sign on way into the afternoon and the maid wanted to leave for the day, there were many many rooms to be cleaned as the doors were wide open to almost all of the rooms in the hallway. Last but not least, when I checked out and went to my car on Tuesday morning, I found that a worker who was using the gas powered leaf blower had blown a nice layer of black dirt and leaves all over my nice white colored 2013 Chevy Impala rental as he was doing the parking lot and grounds. I had to have my rental washed before I could return it.

While the front desk staff was friendly and the motel was overall clean and nice looking, there is an issue with the false advertising of the hot tub and heated pool. Also with the shabby housekeeping, there is no excuse for a housekeeper to allow a bottle of peach flavored personal lubricant to be left under the bed skirt. It was right there and not hiding behind anything. Totally gross :( I've attached pictures to show.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
I first would like to thank you for your business, I do apologize that your recent stay was not enjoyable. It is our goal to provide our guest with the best customer service possible. We will always continue to work hard to provide great service. We hope you choose us again at this location, or continue to support the Country Inn & Suites Brand. We appreciate you being a customer, and once again thank you for your business.
Biloxi, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice hotel, but everyone from frontdesk to manager has an attitude. When my company is paying and I have the right to book whatever hotel I want, I expect to at least get some great customer service. I travel all over for work, and I have stayed in much nicer hotels and was always greeted. Breakfast: needs to be full @ 8, & I don't need to be sitting in the lobby having a cup of coffe waiting on my ride, and hearing the frontdesk clerk and housekeeping talking about their personal business. I usually don't do reviews but this was just too much, and something needs to be done about it. I asked about directions to Peachtree city, and lady @ desk says she will print it out, well had to ask again, but she never apologize for the delay. Never again, will I stay@ this hotel, I would go to my regular Hiton properties.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jessica N
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Jessica I first would like to thank you for your business. I know you have many choices when you travel, and we are honored that you chose us. We at Country Inn & Suites strive to provide a positive guest experience. On Behalf of myself and the staff we are sorry you did not have an enjoyable time. We will continue to work hard to provide great customer service for all our guests. Once again thank you for your business.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel for a mini retreat away from the kids(it's been a while). This is a beautiful hotel however the front desk agent attitude sucked. The breakfast attendant was more friendlier. She really ruined it for us we will never go back!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrsHWright
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I would like to first thank you for your business Mrs. Wright. We are honored that you chose to stay at our location. I would like to apologize for the issue you expereinced while staying with us. We will continue to work hard to always provide our guest with a positive experience. We hope to one day see you and your husband again in the future. Once again thank you for your business.
East Flat Rock Nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for a four night stay. The hotel was clean the staff was friendly the price was reasonable. Every morning the breakfast attendant kept the food hot and fresh. We stay in the Atlanta area multiple times during the year, however this was our first visit at the Country Inn and Suites but it will not be the last.
If there was one thing that needs improvement it would be the speed of the WIFI

Room Tip: Taking advantage of the breakfast many choices and great savings
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bellkat_12
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. On behalf of the Country Inn & Suites Fairburn Ga, I would like to thank you for your business. We will always strive to provide a positive guest experience at this location. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the wi-fi. I have addressed that issue so that we can get better in that area. We hope to see again and once more Thank you for your business.
LaCrossse
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

The site is coviently located right off the interstate. Beds were comfortable and the receptionists were polite. If you are going to take advantage of their complimentary breakfast timimng is everything. We ate there two of the days we stayed and both times the food was cold. It appeared that you had to be there eith right at 6 am or wait unit closer to 8 am to get hot food.

Room Tip: It is worth the slight up charge to go with a studio suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt S
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

If you are traveling to Atlanta- and don't mind a short ride into town - this a great place to stay. Very clean , updated- friendly staff and affordable rates.

Room Tip: Back Side of hotel
Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TheNisa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairburn
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairburn-Atlanta Southwest
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta Southwest-Fairburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Union City
Hampton Inn Atlanta/Newnan

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn? Share your experiences!