“Horrible Stay”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fairburn
Greenville, Mississippi
“Horrible Stay”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

My stay at your hotel was undoubtedly the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. The room's air conditioning system did not work properly. We woke up at 1am the first night we were there and found hot air blowing out of the vent causing the temperature of the room to be almost eighty degrees. After three hours of playing with the thermostat, we finely got the air conditioning to stay on but had to endure the temperature of the room remaining around 67. My companion went to the front desk that same night and complained and asked to be moved to a room where the air system worked but we were told we would have to move all of our stuff at the same time so that we wouldn't occupy two rooms at the same time. With children ages 3 and 5 that was not a reasonable option. I finally set the air temp to 50 degrees and by morning the temp in the room was 67 degrees. We had to keep the temp there during our stay or the air system would continue to switch back and forth between cooling and heating, which meant we had to stay huddled under the covers to keep warm. Honestly, I would have expected to have been offered some money back for our inconvience. Plus, what ever was wrong with the air conditioner made it click all the time which added to the annoyance. But, all we got back from your people was a "sorry". I can assure you I will never stay in another one of your hotels. At least at the Hampton Inn they offer to refund your money if you don't enjoy your stay with them. The only up side was the lady on Sunday morning attending the breakfast room. She was wonderful and received a cash tip from us for all her help.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Brenda C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I apologize for the trouble you encountered with the heating/air system. I hope that if you are ever in the area again you will give us a second chance to prove ourselves to you as the service you received is not what we want to portray.

Thank you again.

Brenda Carrano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Amazingstoke, Hants, UK.
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Arrived after travelling for 17 hours and getting lost in Atlanta so not in the best frame of mind. Very helpful lady on reception immediately made us feel better.
The room was lovely and spacious and very clean. Had a great nights sleep. Lovely comfy bed and very quiet room.
Just stayed for one night b4 driving to New Orleans but would recommend this hotel, especially if you are flying into Atlanta, very handy for the airport.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pinkskwiff
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review on our hotel. Your nice comments are very appreciated and will be passed along to our staff. If you are ever in our area again I hope you will stay with us.

Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed April 22, 2010

The Hotel staff is the nicest bunch of people I have ever met. There are soft fresh baked cookies at the front desk when you check in (kid pleaser). The hotel is clean and nice, the rooms were neat, clean, and tidy. The pool and hot-tub area was really nice as well. I only wish they had heated the pool more but it was not so bad, the kids still had fun in it and I was fine after I forced myself in. :) The hot tub was toasty and relaxing, especially after a long day.

We went to the Georgia Ren Fest which is really close and easy to get to from the hotel. Plenty of restaurants and shopping within a 10 min drive to Peachtree City. Be careful of the Wendys next to the hotel, they undercooked my hamburger. The Shane's Rib Shack nearby was fantastic. Breakfast was hot and included eggs, gravy, sausage, biscuits, waffles, fruit, good coffee, juice and more goodies.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Richmond
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We stayed at Country Inn 3 nights in a king bed suite with 2 adults and 2 kids. We stayed in room 218 which is the first room by the main stairs. This being America no one used the stairs so it was pretty quiet but some may not like the location. The room had a microwave and wet bar, a mini fridge, but nothing else (like a range or dishwasher). There was an indoor pool which was clean. There was a hot tub which we did not use. The breakfast was just great, in a nice sunny room with waffles and fruit and eggs and toast and oatmeal and yogurt and more. The fruit could have been more plentiful and fresher I suppose, but an excellent breakfast nonetheless. The staff were really friendly and the cleaning staff were lightning quick and thorough.

I washed clothes only to find there is just one washer and one dryer. So that could be a problem if the hotel is busy. The gym was a few pieces of aerobic equipment, no weights, but I didn't use it. Parking was great. The street the hotel is on is a very busy one with lots of trucks and construction so that could make driving a challenge. However, we did not hear traffic noise in the hotel. For those of you who care, there is a Chick Fil A across the street. Yeah, man! Overall, a very good deal, especially given their current stay 2 nights get third night free deal.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review on our property. Your kind words are much appreciated and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and stay with us if you find yourself in our area again.

Charleston, SC
Reviewed February 10, 2009

For a business traveller Country Inn & Suites is a warm friendly place to stay. The value offered by the hotel is excellent. I have recommended this hotel to my workers.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. Your nice comments are appreaciated as well as your recommending us to your co-workers. Thanks again, and I hope that if you find yourself in our area again you will stay with us.

Brenda Carrrano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairburn
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Airport Fairburn
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn
Best Western Plus Fairburn-Atlanta Southwest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta Southwest-Fairburn
Quality Inn, Union City
Quality Inn, Union City
#5 of 10 in Union City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Union City

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fairburn? Share your experiences!