“Finally... REAL Italian in the South”
Review of Armando's Grill & Pizzeria - CLOSED

Armando's Grill & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 30, 2013

One of my only issues with living in the South (which we love) is the lack of good Italian food. I mean the type of Italian food we grew up with in NY and NJ. The type of food you got in a "Mom and Pop" restaurant on the corner. The owners spoke broken English and had pictures on the wall of their village back in Sicily, or near Naples. Well....... we found some!!! The new Armando's in Evans (not the other locations... never been to them) is outstanding. The owner/chef grew up learning from his grandmother and aunts in NY. They came from "The Old Country". My wife had a salad (very fresh) and I had "The Original" Calzone... great flavors, gigantic, and the sauce... ahhhh.... the sauce. As soon as I tasted his marinara, I knew I was home. It is thick and rich and spicy, not thin, watery and sweet like so many places here. Anyway, when I tasted it I immediately asked for one meatball... the true test of a real Italian kitchen. Well............ You MUST try this place. You will thank me. We're back for pizza later this week.

1  Thank Stephen D