“Authentic Pho”

Add it.
Viet Royal Vietnamese Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Reviewed December 30, 2013

There is not anywhere to get authentic Vietnamese food near where I live, but while working in DC I ate it quite frequently. Although my family, husband and kids did not like it too much other than the eggrolls, I enjoyed the Pho very much and it was spot on. As expected and as the other reviewer stated the we were also the only non-Asians in the restaurant. The only thing I would suggest, is that when people come in who are new to the Vietnamese cuisine, it would be nice if they would take the time to explain the menu a little better because what someone orders the first time and whether they like it or not may cause them judge the entire Vietnamese cuisine based on what they ordered.

Also, although you always get a large portion and your moneys worth when ordering with Pho, there was no children's menu. Therefore both of my children had to order adult portions, $8 chicken fried rice and $10 chicken stir fry which were still small portions for the price. We also ordered two orders of the eggrolls which cost $6 for four eggrolls. $50 for 2 adults and 2 children is a little pricey in my opinion. Soft drinks are also served in a can with a glass of ice, so no free refills, you have to buy per can which can add up when you are eating spicy food.

There are newer reviews for Viet Royal Vietnamese Cuisine

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Food is great. Usually pho is very salty in other restaurant, but here, it's just right. I also love the fried rice there.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Lunch here the other day was outstanding. Monday is usually a slow day for many restaurants but business was pretty good that day.. An interesting aspect was my wife and I were the only non-Asians in the place. I thought this was a pretty good sign the food would be authentic. Sure enough, it was and the presentation beautiful. With a large and diverse menu, most any animal protein is avalible plus plenty of vegitarian items. Servings were large and the prices low, most being under $8. I would have given "service" a 5 but the food was not delivered to the table at the same time. It was a short wait but still caused that awkward situation where someone feels compelled to wait until all have food before beginning to eat.