“Authentic German cuisine and 1st rate service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 89 Restaurants in Evans
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Evans, Georgia
“Authentic German cuisine and 1st rate service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I usually don't review restaurants myself but I recently seen a review from someone that has obviously never been to this restaurant or maybe from a rival resturant. The staff is prompt and the food is fresh and hot. Don't take my advise just give them a try and you will love it.

• Visited April 2013

White Lake, North Carolina
“Great Staff and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Have eaten here many times and am always welcomed by staff. Food is good and they will change up the sides to accomodate customer wishes. Looking forward to returning!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank coach38nc
Georgia
“Whish I Could Review”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love good German food so my wife and I went to the Augsburg Haus for lunch. This is a small place in a small shopping center with a few tables out front. When we arrived, there were several people sitting at the tables in front of the restaurant who said hello as we were going inside. There was NO ONE inside. No wait staff - no customers. Dismissing the uneasy feeling of being alone, we picked out a table and sat down. After 20-30 minutes of no service, I went out front to talk with the people sitting there. They assured me that they were the staff and they would be "right with us." After another 15-20 minutes of sitting alone in the Augsburg Haus, we left and will never return. Hey. if you don't want my business, you can save us both some embarrassment by putting up a sign to that effect.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank EENG
“Good German food, good lunch value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Bottom line up front: The food is good, the service is good, and the price is just slightly higher than what you'd pay other places for lunch.

I showed up at about noon on a Tuesday and was seated immediately. The service was both quick and friendly.

There is a lunch menu that offers smaller portions than the dinner service. The menu is pretty simple with all traditional German fare. If you're a spaetzl (I have no idea how to spell it...I just eat it!) the serving sizes are huge and the noodles are great. The schnitzel is also pretty good, of course, it's a big piece of fried pork, so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Overall, I'd say that the Augsburg house is a great place for an occasional lunch, but I couldn't afford to eat there every day.

• Visited March 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina
“Nice Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

German food is not our favorite... generally too heavy. I have eaten is several restaurants in the US (including one in MD where my son is the Exec Chef) and several in Germany and Austria. I believe this restaurant is as good as you get in the US. The owner was fantastic and the portions (something we generally do not care about) were gigantic. Our two meals in-house became three more at home later.

• Visited September 2012