“Find another restaurant!”
Review of Cajun Depot Grill

Cajun Depot Grill
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Ellijay
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
jasper
“Find another restaurant!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Service isn't good and food leaves a lot to be desired. lf you don't like greasy, fried food, don't go there! Uncomfortable seating, menu needs updating and changing, too! Every time I go, I hope it has improved and it hasn't. I've stopped going there!

• Visited June 2012

Ranger
“Good food, but terrible service”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Never been there before, but it was recommended by my pediatrician. i took my daughter there for her birthday dinner. We arrived around 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday and there were about 15 people standing there waiting to be seated. There was no one to greet you or take down your name so that you could be seated fairly, therefore we had to "stand there" along with everyone else in hopes that someone would eventually seat us. Additional customers came in behind us and there was barely standing room. After about 30 minutes, a waitress finally appeared and started seating everyone. The restaurant is small therefore all the booths were taken so we (a party of four) had to sit at a table in the middle of the room. We waited about 10 minutes for the waitress to take our drink order, but I went ahead and put our appetizer order in as well so we wouldn't get our appetizer with our entree. We were served rolls and our salad while our dinner was being prepared. The wait wasn't too bad. The food was pretty good. I liked my fried crawfish appetizer and Cajun seafood platter. I did have a hard time trying to get our waitresses attention to get another beer with my meal, but I finally got it. I strongly recommend your going earlier in the evening to avoid the wait to be seated. I will try it again soon.

• Visited October 2012
Woodstock, Georgia
“Fabulous Food - Horrid Service”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Several years ago, we stumbled upon the Cajun Depot during one of our autumn treks into the area for apples. We found the food to be amazing. Since then, we have even planned overnight trips into the area - just to visit the place.

Yesterday my husband and I went there for lunch. All I can say - and did said repeatedly throughout the experience - "It's a good thing the food is outstanding..." Seriously, as much as we love the restaurant - it still amazes me that we did not walk out!

From the moment we entered the restaurant - it was a disaster! There were two parties - of two - apparently waiting to be seated. We all stood there for close to 10 minutes before anyone even walked into the area! There was no acknowledgment of our existence or apologies for the neglect. We were finally seated and we sat - and sat - and sat! It was at least another 15 minutes before we were even spoken to by our server. There was no apology for the delays from her either. It took at least another 20 minutes to receive our drink order - in which my husband's was incorrect!

The food is cooked to order - so there is usually a delay there - which is fine. But the service was sooooo pitiful - literally the worst we have ever endured!

Our server never removed our appetizer plates from the table before serving the entree - in fact, they were still sitting there when we left. When serving the entrees - she placed my dish on the table in front of my husband and literally shoved it with her hand - like she was swatting a fly - halfway to where I was sitting. Understand that the table was perhaps 36" to 40" square!

The restaurant is quite small - there are only 9 booths and 4 tables. Strangely enough, there appeared to be 3 servers and a gentleman clearing tables -- but they were almost never on the floor. There were audible complaints from several of the other tables from slow/no service to not getting their check for almost a half hour after they were finished eating!

When we went to pay our check - the front was filled with waiting diners - again with no one in sight. Of course, when she finally got there, it was more important to start taking the waiting list than to "get rid" of us and another table that was also waiting to pay. As the other gentleman quipped, "..can't get 'em in -- can't get 'em out!"

But most distressing of all is that there appeared to be no one managing the operation.

As I said, "It's a good thing the food is outstanding!" - but I can assure you that isn't going to make a difference if we are subjected to anything CLOSE to this again!

• Visited October 2012
“amazing!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

ordered stuffed mushrooms, and they were great! Rhe rolls are warm and very soft. They were short a waitress, but the service was great so you couldn't tell. the salmOn was mediocre but my husbands crab stuffed catfish was amazing!! I would definitely go back!!!

East Ellijay, Georgia
“Cajun Depot”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Used to be very good, haven't been in a while. The chicken pasta is great, never had a bad meal. Cute place, historic building.

Been to Cajun Depot Grill? Share your experiences!