“Food's Okay, Service could be better.”
Review of Zamora Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Zamora Mexican Restaurant
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We decided to try Zamora's after a family member told us she thought it was better than El Rey, the Mexican restaurant we usually patronize whenever we are in Ellijay.
The food was every bit as good as El Rey, but I don't believe it was better. The service left a lot to be desired. When we walked it there were 5 employees hanging around the hostess station and we stood there significantly longer than we needed to while they talked before being acknowledged. We were then seated and noticed only one other table in the restaurant occupied. Waiting was involved in getting our order taken and drinks refilled, and our dishes were served as they were prepared....not all together like in most restaurants. The workers all seemed to have no personality.
It wasn't an 'awful' experience but there was nothing about it to convince me to drop my regular restaurant and make the switch. I will probably be back at El Rey during my next Mexican craving while in Ellijay.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Monday night is $1.49 beer night. They have a nice wait staff. The food is pretty typical mexican fare, but good. Guacamole was very good. Chicken enchilada with verde sauce was good and spicy, chalupa was great. My friend had a shrimp dish that she said was very good!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Consistently great food! Shrimp diablo really spicy, but awesome! Great margaritas! Nice people! Seems authentic!

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

For our second visit, I decided to try something different as I tried the chicken quesadilla last time: pollo loco. What a fantastic decision that was! There are several layers of flavor that made this one of my favorite dishes. It isn't spicy like I thought it would be, but has a subtle layer of spice that made it even better.

My husband got the steak fajitas. The dish was overflowing with the meat and vegetables, which had a marvelous flavor as well. My in laws enjoyed their meal too. They loved the freshness of the ingredients, which is evident in the flavors of each dish.

Looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My in-laws love this restaurant so we came here for dinner the day after Christmas. It was very slow but we were NOT disappointed in the food. Everything was obviously fresh. The salsa was well made...it had great texture and a little kick to it but not so much that my father in law couldn't eat it because he is sensitive to spicy food.

The crevice is excellent! My husband is a crevice snob but he said this is some of the best he's ever had and I must agree!

My husband got the pollo ranchero, which was amazing. The chicken had a great flavor and the sauce it came with only enhanced it. I kept stealing some of his chicken :)

I got the shredded chicken and added spinach and mushrooms. Delicious! They didn't skimp on any of the ingredients just because I added a couple of extra ingredients like other places do.

My mother in law got the vegetarian plate D, which she said was fantastic. My father in law got the combo #1, which he enjoyed as well.

The service was very good and friendly. She was attentive without being overly so, just the right amount.

We will certainly be back! My in laws will be back much sooner as they live here and we don't, but we WILL be back!

1  Thank Alisa R