“Outstanding Food and Service”
Review of Magnolia Cafe - CLOSED

Magnolia Cafe
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Magnolia Café', Tea Room is tucked away in the back of TJ & Company Antique Store on the square in Ellijay, Ga. The Café features two soups each day which comes with cornbread that is indescribable to the taste. The Café also offers sandwiches and homemade deserts and a variety of hot tea. The presentation is very unique and the Coconut cake is to die for. The owner and the servers are extremely personable as is the atmosphere. When in Ellijay you have to go by and check the café out. The Tea Room is charming and is a great place to plan a business lunch or party.

1  Thank Ashley J

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I absolutely recommend the Magnolia Cafe! The wait staff was very friendly, and attentive even though all we ordered was two glasses of iced tea! We were also given two, fresh from the oven, pumpkin spice squares. Very yummy! (I'm not sure that was the official name of the pastry, but it was yummy none-the-less!)

I rated the food as excellent even though we didn't actually order food. However if their entrees are of the same quality as the pumpkin squares, it has to be excellent!

1  Thank Beverly B
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by magnolia cafe after spending the morning browsing downtown Ellijay Ga during the first weekend of Apple festival 2013. We frequent ellijay since we own a cabin there. I'm embarrassed to say that we've somehow missed this gem until now. Barbara (the owner) and her decadent desserts, sandwiches and soups will forever be a cornerstone of our trips to the mountains. Highly recommend!

3  Thank Clyde T
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I am negligent in waiting so long to give my review of this fine establishment. My wife and I ate were heading home from a weekend in Blue Ridge with another couple and stopped by Ellijay on a Sunday last April to have a late lunch. A couple of other recommended restaurant s were closed or had sold out of food we were told. So we followed the signs to the Magnolia Café, which sits in the back of an antique store off the square. The owner / cook greeted us and treated us to a home cooked lunch that really hit the spot. I believe we had chicken salad sandwiches...but I remember that it was delicious. Iced tea and a side order of beans and corn bread was included. The price was a bargain and I felt like my mother was cooking for me. Then she gave us free deserts that were out of this world. We were glad that the other restaurants were closed. Will definitely come back the next time we're in Ellijay.

6  Thank Geri P
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by on a Wednesday around lunch time and immediately felt welcome. The owner was too sweet! Best grilled cheese I've ever had! My daughter had one of the blueberry scones and absolutely loved it! The restaurant is in the back of TJ's antiques and offers a wide selection of sandwiches and soups. The little shop also offers a teahouse for birthday parties, meetings, and other events by reservation. Super cute for Little girl birthdays! Would definitely go back in a heart beat!

2  Thank PrincessC1