“Great fly fishing trip”

Reel 'Em In Guide Service
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Ellijay
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Reel 'Em In Guide Service "A North Georgia Fly Fishing Guide Service". Ellijay's first and only professional fly fishing service, est 2001. Offering guided trips to streams and rivers for wild to private trophy trout! We hold a U.S. National Forest Permit for guiding and outfitting on the Chattahoochee National Forest. Our private waters include over 7.5 miles of explosive reel stripping trout and secluded just for you. We also offer Western-style drift boat float trips on the Toccoa River in Georgia and the Tuckasegee River in North Carolina. All gear is including on our trips, even lunch on full-day trips. No experience necessary! Our guides love to teach the "art of fly fishing". Learn to fly fishing from one of our certified casting instructors.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Merritt Island
“Great fly fishing trip”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Went on a fishing trip guided by Dave Hausly. It could not have been a better trip. It was my son's first day on a fly rod. David David had him catching fish in an hour. David was knowledgeable patient and quick. I have used other guides in the area. David was head and shoulders above the rest.

1 Thank sulli32952

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Birthday Present Ever!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I bought a private guided fly fishing tour with Reel'em In Guide Service as a surprise 30th birthday present for my boyfriend who is an experienced fly fisherman/angler. James Bradley was our guide and he was amazing. Not only was he patient in showing me (the novice & totally inexperienced one) how to cast and reel, etc., but he also gave my boyfriend some awesome new pointers and advice. He took his time with us, taught us a lot not only about fly fishing, but about the area we were in, the rivers, the fish, and so on. Also, with James' help reeling the sucker in (ha!) i was able to land an 18" rainbow trout - which my boyfriend tells me is the catch of a lifetime. He was so amazed and happy. James was right there to help me get the fish out of the net for photos and was also taking plenty of pics for us along the way - which he promptly emailed to us right after so that we'd have them. Oh - and last, I should mention that as a part of this guide trip, my boyfriend caught the largest trout he's ever caught here in GA. He was so happy at the end of our trip and has been talking non-stop about it ever since. We will definitely book again with Reel'em In Guide Service. A+++++++++ all the way around!!

4 Thank jessie h
Dallas, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun Afternoon of Fishing!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had NEVER picked up a fly-rod before this trip... after some brief (but very informative) instruction regarding the basics of the sport on land, we were on the water fishing. James continued the lesson on the stream and we were on the fish almost immediately. Great afternoon of fishing! Would highly recommend for a novice or the experienced angler alike; Reel 'em In Guide Service knows their craft and how to share the experience.

3 Thank Sean M
Stockbridge, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reel em in Guide Service”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I have fished with James several times. We have had a terrific time catching trout. Our most recent trip was especially special because it was my son's birthday. He landed a 21" brown trout and big rainbows. It was a beautiful day for all of us. James showed us new fishing techniques. He worked hard to ensure we all caught fish and had a good time. Thank-you James for everything...we will be back soon.

1 Thank KellyandCraig10
League City, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fly Fishing at its Finest!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just would like to Say ,WOW! Reel'em in Guide Service . From the beginning to the end Fantastic Trip! The scenery ,The Fishing , The Guides ,Awesome outfit to be fishing with,These guides will do what it takes for you to have a great time. Can't wait to book for my next trip. Thank You! James, Carter ,David, and Lisa!

Visited May 2014