“lovely visit, friendly welcome & wonderful food”

Mountain Valley Farm
Ranked #3 of 27 things to do in Ellijay
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“lovely visit, friendly welcome & wonderful food”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband & I along with our friends took a long wknd away to north Ga mountains. I was looking for things to do around the area and came across the Mountain Valley Farm. I was THRILLED to find it as I try to eat as much grass fed beef, pork and free range eggs as possible.

When pulling up we could see the bunnies hoping around, the goats climbing in their pen and the 2 calves laying down in the shade. We took a look around petting the pigs, calves, the horse and the milking cow then went inside the store. We were greeted by Rebecca and Suzie who quickly asked if we were new and when we said yes they enthusiastically yelled "newbies". They then asked what we were looking for and began to explain how the farm works. We asked tons of questions and they graciously answered all. It was wonderful to see the joy they had for their products and the passion they had to provide a healthy superior product.

My husband and I & our friends so appreciated the time that Rebecca and Suzie took with us. We bought several items and are thrilled with the taste so far but for me it is more than just the excellent taste it is knowing the products are far better for you than the junk you find at the grocery store. Luckily Mountain Valley Farm is not to far from where we live as we will DEF be back!

Visited June 2013
5 Thank enatashadunn

Ellijay, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Truely home grown”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I get our eggs and beef from here. Have also used them at my work. You can tell the eggs are organic from the color and the taste of your food. I enjoy my trips here to see the rabbits roaming free and the chickens in their chicken tractor, even saw one lay an egg just walking around the yard. The pricing isn't much more than the organic food we get in Ingle's and we enjoy supporting a local family.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Samantha M
Canton, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Grass Fed Xanadu!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I highly recommend the Mountain Valley Farm Store! The quality and flavor of their grass fed beef and heritage pork is stellar! It's a beautiful drive as well, and Suzy will take great care of you! Tell her Bill's Sunday Supper sent you! I keep my freezer full of her great products! Check out my blog that includes some of my favorites from Mountain Valley: www.billssundaysuppers.blogspot.com

Visited May 2013
2 Thank CantonGaBill
Atlanta, Georgia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Cute petting farm, delicious meats and friendly staff”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We are weekenders in Ellijay and are always looking for neat places off the beaten path. Mountain Valley Farm fit the bill, just a few miles south of Hwy 52 near Hillcrest Orchards. Our kids loved the baby farm animals - clean pens with healthy looking animals, the piglets were a huge hit! The store inside has a hand-washing station which is a plus after the petting area. Overall, the store is fairly straightforward and has eggs, milk, cheese and meat... no frills, but spotlessly clean with great products and a friendly, helpful staff! I am not a cook and asked the staff what would be best for me to purchase since I would be using an oven and would have limited time -- the woman gave me several options in all price ranges. She seemed genuinely interested in getting me the meat that would work best for my situation, not in ringing up a large bill.

In terms of the store, I would love to see a section with homemade candies or cakes or pies... It is a missed opportunity, for sure. I know we would have purchased some. They did have a man selling fresh produce on the porch, though.

On the way back to Hwy 52 we stopped at Cartecay Vineyards for a few bottles of local wine - making it a very nice side trip, indeed. I highly recommend!

Visited April 2013
4 Thank ChasingSun101
blue ridge mountains
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Friendly people and excellent meats!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Thought we would check this out since it got good reviews. My 4 year old enjoyed the animals. We purchased a roll filet and some smoked bacon and cooked it on the grill tonight. Was so delicious! Would love to be closer to this place so I could purchase more often. You can really tell the difference in the taste of the meat compared to what you buy in the grocery stores.

Visited April 2013