“Mike's Ellijay - great country cooking, breakfasts”

Mikes's Ellijay Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 63 Restaurants in Ellijay
Reviewed October 24, 2011

There was another topic on this restaurant, but moderators closed it. ???

The other topic had a very negative report, which I think was an aberration. We have been there MANY times and LOVE the place--especially breakfast. Another popular restaurant near the Square is good, but Mike's biscuits, gravy, sausage, and eggs are all better. It is just a terrific breakfast and very reasonably priced. That is just my opinion, but we have been to the other place at least 8 times, and to Mikes more than that. The 1030 cutoff for breakfast is firm--don't be late!

1  Thank movrshakr

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We have a cabin in ellijay and came across mikes when looking for somewhere to go out to eat. I had such high hopes as unlovely "mom & pop" places. One thing sums it up. My husband ordered the chicken noodles soup b/c he's a big soup fan and when it arrived it literally was the $0.59 canned cambells condensed soup. We both just looked at eachother and laughed. We finished what was a meal that seemed like it should have been served as a school lunch left & have not been back.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Lunch is fine, the veggies and casseroles are good, but no suprises. I do like the option of the salad bar at lunch, and the sweet tea is good.
I would rather visit for supper time - The menu options are varied, and usually very good. I have had the grilled fish which is very tasty, and the steak which is bigger than the plate it comes on. My favorite is the grilled chicken. It is nicely marinated and cooked perfectly - nice and moist.
The service is great whether you choose lunch or dinner

2  Thank Jennifer H

Been to Mikes's Ellijay Restaurant? Share your experiences!