“Fun with the girls”
Review of The Martyn House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ellijay
The Martyn House
Ranked #1 of 3 Ellijay B&B and Inns
Montgomery, Alabama
“Fun with the girls”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have taken my 3 adult girls glamping for 2 years and it is now a "must do" annual event. The experience is unique. You get the wonder of camping with the comfort of 5-star linens. The owners of the Martyn House are wonderful and make you feel like family from the moment you enter the property. The breakfasts are excellent and the bonfires memorable. Ellijay is a cute town and Blue Ridge is a mini Gatlinburg so there is lots of shopping available. There are also rafting trips, trout fishing, etc. Or you can curl up in the hammock and read a book. If you want a trip to remember - then this is it whether you have only girlfriend time or romance-time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vangie w

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Maryland
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were here for a weekend with 3 other couples. Everyone had a wonderful time. Breakfast and dinner were delicious. We enjoyed sunny days and cool evenings by the campfire. JoAnn and Rick were very knowledgeable about the area and interesting to talk to. Glamping made camping fun for the non camper. Looking forward to coming again to see their future plans in action.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Longwood, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a great retreat! This was a girls trip for me, without husband and kids. I do a girls trip every year and usually to a big city, beach, or tourist town. I have to say I loved being nested in the woods and secluded from the hustle and bustle. We had 5 tipsy gypsies total and our hosts at The Martyn House were so gracious. The farm-to-table dinners were awesome as were the breakfasts. I would recommend this destination to anyone that likes great food and hospitality. The tents are so creative and comfy, beds and bedding were fantastic. I loved the campfire experiences and hanging out in JoAnn’ studio after dinner. Hope to see you glaming soon!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I have never been glamping and our experience at the Martyn House was wonderful. With indoor plumbing, it is as close to camping as I will get. Rick and JoAnn are entertaining hosts and fabulous cooks. Each meal was a treat and I would highly recommend the farm-to-table dinner. We felt very welcome. Three other couples were also glamping the same weekend. It was fun getting to know each one around a roaring campfire with s'mores. JoAnn even had a night time surprise for someone's anniversary. The weekend was a very relaxing retreat from city life filled with hiking and biking adventures. After touring Rick and JoAnn's indiviual workshops, I left feeling very creative and inspired. And the hisory of the property is interesting too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We selected early September so we could experience the Farm to Table dinner. Turns out there was so much to experience in addition to the wonderful dinner of incredibly fresh foods and wines from a local vineyard. The breakfasts were exceptional. Each morning there was a new and different extremely healthy entree. JoAnn and Rick are lovely, warm people and have created an almost surreal venue. We found Glamping very glamorous and comfortable. This is one adventure I will definitely repeat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta GA
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I celebrated my birthday with five friends and enjoyed it so much I wrote a blog about the experience. http://gocomics.typepad.com/7day_menu_planner/

I gave the experience 5 stars because every part of it was terrific: food, "rooms", hosts and surroundings. The place even has resident cats and dogs who are part of the welcome "committee." From all reports, everyone had a great time in the north Georgia woods.

Room Tip: All the rooms/tents are good. I have no favorite or ones to avoid.