“MEMORIAL DAY VISIT”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Eatonton
Conyers, Georgia
“MEMORIAL DAY VISIT”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

me and my family visited the lodge on lake oconee...that was my 1st mistake..2nd there was no hot water in our rooms at all..3rd ..the tub and sink water would not drain ..stayed stopped up..4th ...they charged my credit card twice...i asked for the owners name and phone number...needless to say all i got was his name (sam agee)so to make a long story short do yourself a favor and do not go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dwight M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband an I stayed at The Lodge on Lake Oconee in April to attend a family wedding. We were not at all impressed. At the front entrance there was a smelly smoking stand and trash recepticle, the payment at the door was dirty, and the carpet just inside the doorway needed to be vacuumed....(we were there for two days and it never was vacuumed). Upon entering the lobby, everything was gray and dingy. Not at all inviting. Our room was the same. The bathroom floor was not as clean as it could have been and the shower walls neeeded to be replaced. The shower curtain rod was coming off the wall and there was no hot water.
My husband called about these matters and they told us they wanted us to move to another room. We were thinking never mind, would another room be any better? We decided to go to the pool for a while to get some sun and read, but the lounge chairs were all broken, The sit bottoms were breaking through. The breakfast was ok and the staff was not what it should have been. There was a package waiting for us at the desk and we had to find out from another family memeber that it was there. We should have gotten it when we checked in. It is sad that this place is so run down because it is truly in a lovely location. I hope that someone will step in and fix it up !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kimsatty
Oconeelodge, Manager at The Lodge on Lake Oconee, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
On behalf of The Lodge on Lake Oconee, Please accept my sincere apology for the unpleasant stay you may have had here with us. We strive to ensure our guest experience the best visit possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. Unfortunately, one of our hot water heaters did go out during one of our busiest weekends leaving part of the hotel without hot water. That heater has now been repplaced and is in working order.

I assure you that I have taken each and every comment into consideration and I am already working on solutions that will prevent similar problems from occurring in the future. We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.

Tanya Thompson
Cape Town
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not the best accommodation. Beds poor - breakfast very average.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CapeTownBeth
Oconeelodge, Manager at The Lodge on Lake Oconee, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I want to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. I can assure you that I have taken each concern into consideration. I'm proud to say that we have just recently received new linens to go throughout the hotel and now in the process of adding new items to our complimentary breakfast bar.

I would like to invite you back for a visit. We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank You.

Tanya Thompson
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Me and some girlfriends decided to head out of town (Augusta) for a girl's weekend and we found The Lodge on the internet and it was only about an hour away. When we called they offered us a special rate for the season but the rooms would be worth their normal rates....rooms very spacious and comfortable and the beds slept awesome! Front desk was very helpful in finding us stuff to do and great places to eat...and we definitely enjoyed the hot tub at night that overlooked the lake! Free breakfast was better than most places too...I will definitely be back with my boyfriend to stay in their jacuzzi suite!

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a suite if possible...lots of room and an extra sofabed...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jillybean1234
Columbia,sc
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I had heard about the Lodge from a friend and decided to stop there on my way to Atlanta. It cost a little more than the "motels" at the exit but it was well worth it. It really looks like a lodge and sits right on the banks of Lake Oconee. The staff was great and there was a free breakfast too.
.My trip was just a quick overnight but this place would be great for a getaway weekend or a vacation. I hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: The lake side rooms cost a little more. If you're just there overnight you may want to save the...
2 Thank SamColumbia_sc
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here on business in October for three nights. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast was a good way to start the day. The staff was friendly and there were cookies at the front desk every night.

Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We love The Lodge on Lake Oconee! Our room had a king-size bed, jacuzzi (not tub!), and a lake view. The room decor looked newly painted, carpeted, and decorated. The bed was very, very comfortable! What I really liked is that the a/c didn't cut on and cut off all night long. The huge in-room jacuzzi was spotlessly clean and very relaxing. There were plenty of complimentary quality toiletries that I made use of since I had forgotten my shampoo and conditioner. We were there on business, but I would consider staying there for pleasure. Lately, I have been hating hotel rooms because of the smells, a/c on and off issues, and just plain out dinginess that I was not looking forward to staying here. This lovely place showed me that there is truly difference in how hotels are managed. The staff at the Lodge are to be commended for their hospitality!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a jacuzzi!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatonton
The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milledgeville
Jameson Inn Greensboro
Jameson Inn Greensboro
#2 of 3 in Greensboro

Been to The Lodge on Lake Oconee? Share your experiences!