“Great pizza and a cool casual vibe”
Review of Oz Pizza

Oz Pizza
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in East Point
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

A coworker and I are visiting the area for work and wanted something close to the airport/hotels that wasn't a chain. Thanks to trip advisor, we stopped here. This place was in a row of mixed old/new main st. restaurants. It has a great outdoor seating area and a large inside dining area with about 15 tables that were very spread out.

We split a medium White pizza (cheeses, tomato, basil, garlic) and had 2 pieces left over. Flavor was great, cheese was perfectly melted and stringy, and it was the perfect temperature to eat. Sweet tea was awesome and super sweet.

The bill was about $22 for the pizza and 2 drinks so not too bad for pizza. I like that they had dessert options in the form of cupcakes and brownies from a local cupcakes place. We would definitely go back and we found some new places near by that looked good as well.

1  Thank Nanocat86

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I plus another couple had dinner at this local pizza parlor in April 2013. We arrived on a Friday evening at about 6:15pm. Being that we are all retirees, we normally eat a little earlier than most but still expected to find the place busy with the evening crowd. To our surprise the restaurant was not that crowded and we proceeded to order at the counter. The menu was limited but more than adequate to provide a variety of pizzas, salads and drinks. The young lady took our order and upon each item being requested said "cool". She was very nice and after giving us our drinks, directed us to find a table of our choice. We could have dined outside in a nicely decorated patio area but instead selected a table inside by the window because it was still rather ...... cool.

Our tossed salads came out first (we had only ordered two) and it was more than enough to share with our partner. The dressing (Italian) was provided on the side and the waiter automatically brought two bowls for each salad. Obviously, she knew it would save her a trip. The salad was fresh and crisp. The dressing although good was more liken to store bought. They could help themselves immensely if they had made their own. It may even be cheaper.

About the time we had finished the salad the pizza arrived. The ladies selected the medium veggie deluxe and the men had "The Mack", a mostly meat topping selection. The pizza was good and warm with a thin crust. The medium sizing was about right for two people. The taste of the pizza was good but not what I would say as great. Of course, it is a personal choice for all of us.

We will be back again as the service was fine, the cost was reasonable and the food was very good. Oz Pizza is very good, or shall I say ......... cool.

2  Thank jhk49
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place is directly across the street from the Marta station. Friendly staff and very good food. Nice place!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Ok so I have been in the city for several years now and I enjoy trying new restaurants around town in search of great food. Well, I certainly found it in Oz Pizza. After reading such great reviews here I decided to give it a try. Up until this point, I was still looking for a staple pizza joint that combined fresh ingredients, with tons of flavor at a decent price. I ordered four items...White Slice, Veggie Slice, Greek Salad and what is referred to as "The Mack" considered to be their best seller it has pepperoni, sausage, meatballs and various veggies. The slices are decent in size with generous toppings that are really really fresh and flavorful. Everything I has was so very good, each slice having it's different combination of flavors but just as good as the other. I love it when you can bite into something and taste each and every flavor of a meal. So much so that you just have to throw your fork down and go ummmm and slowly savor the tastes. That's what is was like, and the White slice (FORGET ABOUT IT!!). I had it with chicken added, words cannot express just how good it was for me....different savory white cheeses, herbs, tomatoes, garlic...OMG sooo good. If you are reading this review, do yourself a favor and at least try Oz's just once, I promise if you love good food you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Joylovereal
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Oz has fantastic pizza, nothing less. Very busy at lunch weekdays, much easier to get in during the weekend but anytime you can make it here will be a good experience. Salads are very good as well, easy to recommend this place.