See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Missed my connection in ATL because of mechanical problem on the aircraft out of DEN. Delta overnight me at this hotel. I was skeptical at first because I'd never heard of this hotel. But after seeing pictures of the hotel on the information board in the luggage claim area, I decided to give it a try. They have courtesy shuttle that takes you to/from the airport, but their shuttle bus stink. When I got to the hotel, it smelled even worse and it was dark. I checked in and went to my room. Again it was smelly, dark and dusty, and the bath tub had black stains on it. I then went downstair to their "business center" in hope to get online to check for my flight options for the next day. One of the two lamps in there was out. There was another guy in there video chatting with a girl that was laying on the bed and barely had any clothes on. I felt very uncomfortable and just wanted to get the information I needed and get out of there. Then I found out the only other computer in there was broken.

I went back to my room and called the Hilton Garden Inn at airport north and booked myself a king bedroom for $89/night. I then went back to the front desk and asked for a shuttle to take me back to the airport. After I got back to the airport, I called HGI's 24 hr shuttle service and I was picked up within 10 minutes. Turned out the HGI was only 0.2 miles away from Wellesly and it was a much much better hotel. The shuttle driver told me the HGI was just opened November of last year.

I am not sure how much my room at Wellesly was since Delta's voucher paid for it. But when I was waiting at the lobby for the shuttle, I heard the front desk telling one customer the room rate was $79/night. If that was the case, definitely spend that extra $10 and stay at HGI. The only good thing about this hotel was the shuttle got me out of there quickly when I needed it to!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
WELLESLEYSALES, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport - Virginia Ave, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

We would like to thank you for the review of our property and for the comments provided. Unfortunately your review was not positive, but it is highly appreciated because it will assist management in ensuring measures are taken to prevent future guests encountering a negative experiences. Please accept our apologies for your less than perfect stay with us. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and customer service. We have investigated the issues that you addressed and we have actually replaced key housekeeping personnel. We have also implemented new room inspection procedures. Unfortunately during your visit one of the computers in the business center was out of order, as soon as the technician informed us that the computer board was damaged, we immediately replaced the computer and all equipment is functionally properly. Also with the new housekeeping procedures the business center is inspected and cleaned on a daily basis which helps ensure the any blown light bulbs are immediately replaced. We contract our shuttle service, but have discussed your concerns with the owner and to ensure that clean and reliable transportation is being provided to our guests, we are also conducting random inspections of the buses that are used. I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service again. We would like a second chance to have the opportunity to provide you excellent customer service and accommodations that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed October 2, 2010

Hall has bad odor, room smelled like cigarettes/carpet need shampoo/ hotel overall needs to be torned down and rebuilt. NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
WELLESLEYSALES, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport - Virginia Ave, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

The management of the Wellesley Inn would like to apologize that you didn't find the hotel most accommodating. We are sorry you had a problem with the hotel and your room. I have discussed your remarks with our housekeeping to make sure that this does not happen again. We are in the process of cleaning all the carpets in the rooms and hallways. We offer a 100% smoke free environment but unfortunately a guest may ignore this rule and smoke in the room, if you would be kind enough to provide your room number, we would be more than happy to place the ozone machine and deep clean the room to get the smoke odor out. We wish you would have informed us during your stay and we would have immediately moved you to a different room. Again thank you for your feedback as this will help us to ensure the next guest does not have this problem.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

All of the reviews are pretty much accurate. Yes there is a funny rod on the edge of the bed but who sleeps on the edge? The matresses could use replacing but they are far from horrible. There was a very small amount of black stuff on one part of the shower wall but otherwise it was very clean. I mentioned it to them at checkout. I have seen worse at much better places. It is not in the best neighborhood but again it is not really that unsafe. A nice clean, inexpensive place to stay overnight. The one complaint I do have is that they do not have any type of free breakfast so that has to be considered into the total cost of a stay. The pool looked nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stayed at the Wellesley for fifteen days. The price was what I was looking for and It was convenient. This was my fourth time since 2007. It is not the best, but I like it.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I found myself in this sorry excuse for a hotel after another delay by Delta at Atlanta. The dreadful airline sent us to a horrible hotel for the night. The room was old and worn down. The colors are depressing. Air Condition struggling and noisy. Bathroom old and dirty. And Bed which reminded me of sleazy motels. The employees do their best to welcome you. But nothing can save this place not even reasonably good service. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo