See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Stayed for 1 night after a technical problem with the plane caused me to miss my connection in ATL during the peak travel for Thanksgiving . Delta gave me a $50 voucher specifically for the Wellesley Inn to cover half the price of lodging. Against my better judgment, I decided to go with the stay at the Wellesley. As I figured, it was a "motel" more than a hotel. Rather dumpy and dark hallways, drab and dingy room, dated decor, less than spotless bathroom. Ice machines that rattle. Out of curiosity I went to check out the fitness room--the cardio machines and weight machines looked really dated--and the space itself was cramped. I didn't sleep well, but fortunately it was an 8 hour stay. The only saving grace of the hotel was the staff--very nice and courteous. Also the close proximity to the airport meant waiting on the shuttle wasn't too nerve-wrecking.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
WELLESLEYSALES, Sales Director at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport - Virginia Ave, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,

I really do apologize that you didn't have a pleasant stay with us. We strive for excellent customer service and guest satisfaction. We accommodate many distressed passengers from the various airlines on a daily basis and we strive to make each and everyone most comfortable. The hotel rooms and guest facilities are very nice here. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2009

I'm not sure why everyone has a hard time with this hotel. Maybe we just got lucky, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. No problems at all.

Also, we parked our car there for 2 weeks while we were overseas, and it was just fine when we returned. Great deal too: 14 days parking and a hotel room on our return for only $99. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2009

i was weary of this hotel after reading the reviews online that others had wrote. The room was clean, the staff was polite--an older staff, and the facilities included a pool 3 ft - 9ft ver well kept and an excercise room which was accomadating. i feel that others wrote wrongly of this hotel. I want to tell you to give it a try!! For the price and location it's very cozy.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank katta91788
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Was bumped off of a flight by Delta and was given these hotel accommodations.

The shuttle runs every 15 minutes to the airport. The lobby was acceptable. The checkin process was fast. The rooms are ok. The tv worked which was nice. The bathroom was clean and acceptable. I wasn't expecting marble tile...

The beds however, are horrible. They are very springy. Worse, Around the edge of the bed was a hard metal rod or something. The beds were not comfortable at all.

I would not stay here unless absolutely required -- never by choice.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Due to the weather delays in Atlanta I along with others missed connecting legs of our international flights. Delta was so KIND to put us up at the Wellesley. It would have been better for Delta to have saved some money and sent me to Days Inn, at least I know what I get at such a cheap hotel ( and even my previous night's Days Inn experience was better!!!).

The hotel lobby smells old and dank, obviously these people have never heard of air freshner. The general ambience of the place is old and shabby; sbby chic if you are into old buildings.
The rooms are passable, the bathroom was doable but the bathtub has a black set in grime or mark.

The clerks were not that bad, and I was able to get basic amenties such as tothbrush and comb. The hotel on site is an Italian restaurant but there are several restaraunts in the vicinity. In a one to two block radius there are Ruby Tuesday, Spondivits, Malones as well as McDonals, Kentuck and Arbys. So, even if you get stuck at this hotel, you can get food easily. Frankly that is the best thing about the hotel, the location, but with other hotels such as Drury, Comfort Suites across the road and in the same price range, I probably will choose another.

Two weeks prior to this trip I had stayed in Atlanta at the Renaissance Concourse (also within about a 3 block radius) and am amazed that such a better quality hotel is only about 20-30 more expensive (on average). than the Wellesley. It is not that I am rich or anything, but sorry, I will choose any other hotel even if I have to pay a little more or less as the case might be.

Insist that Delta give you a voucher for anywhere else, if you ever get stuck in Atlanta. Besides, if you are alone on the trip, you might find yourself bored by the limited channnel choice and no movie channels. Drats, even motels offer that. The lighting is mostly from lamps and there are limited plugs available in the room.

On the upside,there is a strong Wi Fi service, even on the 6th floor. The rooms also have a fridge and a microwave as well as a coffee maker. Pity the hotel didn't see it fit to include tea sachets as not all guests drink coffee.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)