See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I read a lot of negative comments about Wellesley Inn but I decided to book my night here and find it out myself. The fact that the price was low, that there was a swimming pool, a free shuttle to the airport ànd a restaurant nearby was making me decide to stay here.
When I arrived the check-in was short but okay, not very welcoming but no complaints either. The only remark I have is that there was only one person working at the front desk (during most of the times) and the waiting time was too long. You know, after a long flight and busy day you don't want to wait anymore, you want to go to your room.
But then I get to see my room: very nice. I had a queen room (single) and it was very spacious and extremely clean. The cleanliness is something I really want to emphasize because I read negative things about it here. The common areas though, were not so clean but still okay!
After taking a good shower, I checked out the business center. There are 2 good computers available and you can use them for free. Very good if you didn't bring your laptop, like me.
Than, the swimming pool was big, nice and clean! And there were enough loungers and chairs. I recommend this hotel if you want to lay in the sun for a while between 2 flights !!!
I heard that the Italian restaurant nextdoors was very good but didn't try it because some other people advised me to go to La Fiesta, a Mexican restaurant, also nextdoors. There you can have some of the best food in the area ànd I brought the rest of my meal to the hotelroom where I could warm it up later because I even had a microwave in my room! So that's pretty good, no?
The check-out was rather short and nobody told me "Thanks for staying with us" which I really missed a bit: HOSPITALITY PLEASE?! But apart from that: I didn't pay a whole bunge of money for the room either so I guess I don't really complain.
And dear people: don't forget: this is just your airport transit hotel, not your destination! So don't be too demanding! :-)
Conclusion: yes, I would stay again because I am on a budget. If you have more money, than spend more money for something better!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
WELLESLEYSALES, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport - Virginia Ave, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the hotel. We truly appreciate your time and feedback. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction.

We are very pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one. However we would like to apologize that the front desk associate wasn’t very cordial and service oriented during your visit. We have this discussed this with the associate and corrected the issue to avoid any similar occurrence because we aim to make all our guests feel welcome. We always strive to offer excellent customer service with a smile.

We definitely appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon so we may prove to you that your experience wasn’t the norm at our hotel. We take pride by being among the top 10 percent in guest service and guest loyalty. Please feel free to call me on your future visit so I may meet you and apologize in person.

Once again thank you for your business and thank you for your honest feedback.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I woke up at 330 am after being placed here for a missed flight by the airline to see someone exiting our room. They went through our items and stole money, credit cards, and a backpack all while we were sleeping less than 10 feet away. I called the desk to report it only to have him tell me it's easy to break into the rooms if the deadbolt isn't locked. He said he could call the police then when I asked him to please do so he told me I should have done it. I hung up and immediately called 911. According to the police the person probably had a key to the room. VERY SKETCHY. Shame on the airlines for putting people here! I lost well over a $1000 worth of money and valuables not to mention priceless photos from our vacation. I feel lucky that nothing worse came of it. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Kilene
WELLESLEYSALES, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport - Virginia Ave, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

8/1/12
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your response regarding your stay with us. We do apologize that your values were lost, missing or misplaced. We provide in room safes, as well as safety deposit boxes for our guests safety and security. In addition, we have an additional deadbolt and security chain in each room. Our staff is trained in proper lost and found and security procedures, and takes pride in returning all lost or left items to our valued guests. The City of East Point Police department did come out to investigate your claim and they did not find any signs of force entry into your room, they did advise that you can obtain a copy of the full police report. The General Manager also read the lock on your door and we still have a copy of the lock readings. The only key that was used to enter your room was your own original key. Please let us know if you did locate your belongings once you got home and unpacked.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was unfortunate enough to miss a connecting flight and had to spend the night in Atlanta. Delta gave me a discount for this hotel so I came here. Apparently Delta does this a lot because by the time I got here, the line was out the door and I ended up waiting about an hour to get to my room. The service was subpar and not accommodating at all.
The room itself is poorly designed. The light switches were behind the bed frame, permanently occupied plugs (alarm clock and lamp) were located at waist level and the coffee machine didn't have nearby plugs, which means to make coffee, you have to carry the machine into the bathroom or to the desk.
There is no central air. The air conditioner, or at least mine, worked really well but was unbelievably loud. Every 20 minutes or so suddenly, it decides to start rumbling so loud it's actually really hard to even hear the television, at any volume.
All in all, avoid if possible.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jetlagging

7/13/12

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We truly appreciate your time and feedback. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction.
We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused you with the noisy air conditioner and the long time it took you to check in. We have no excuses to offer except our sincere apology. Unfortunately that evening, the desk clerk on duty received about 100 guests at the same time and accommodated everyone as quickly as could. If you would have informed him that your air conditioner was making a lot of noise, he would have relocated you. We would like to know the room number so we can have the air conditioner service for the noise. Once again thank you for your business and thank you for your honest feedback.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very nice, everything was great, staff very nice. Bed comfortable. It was quiet and an easy shuttle to the airport. Shuttle service was very convenient

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Susan,

Thank you so much for your kind review of the hotel. We appreciate your business and we look forward to accommodating you on your next Atlanta stay!!!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Manager was very unprofessional and asked me to leave after paying daily on time and never gave me an explanation. The bed was horrible and maids start knocking on the door before 8:00 a.m. The shuttle driver is ghetto and tried to get my number several times where I rather pay a taxi instead of taking a free shuttle to the airport to catch marta. Would not recommend this hotel to future travelers. Pictures are deceiving.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere if you polite and friendly service. It is not worth the headache.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
WELLESLEYSALES, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport - Virginia Ave, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused you because the manager couldn’t extend your stay. Unfortunately the room was not available for extension past your original requested days. Our housekeeping staff does not begin work until 9AM. They do not knock or enter anyone’s room that has a do not disturb sign out on the door. For your convenience we place one in every room. The shuttle drivers are employees with an outside vender and I have forward your concern about the driver.