“Good value, just don't expect much!”

Motel 6 Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in East Point
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good value, just don't expect much!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

The main reason I booked this hotel was cost. The rooms are very reasonable, parking (for airport) is reasonable and there is a free airport shuttle. Bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean and the shower had a lot of pressure and was warm.

As expected, the hotel is a bit dated. The rooms were clean(ly) but could use steam clean and new furniture. Also little musty but not terrible. There was some road noise and hallway noise. If you want a cheap place to stay the night before going to the airport, I would suggest this place if you can deal with the above.. hence my 'Average' rating. Honestly, I would stay again if their prices stay low and competitive to surrounding hotels. When I'm traveling to a city to leave from it's airport the next morning, I usually don't stay at 5-star or premium places.. since I'm just staying there to sleep.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
WELLESLEYSALES, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the hotel. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service. We are excited to know that you appreciated the competitive rate and value. The hotel is older, but the rooms are very nice and clean.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

stayed here for one night after driving 600 mile up from south......was checked in pretty quick reception was fine......friendly enough....room was big enough....had a queen...tv was HD,,,but could do with a few more channels......was very clean....the bed was the most comfy bed l had whilst in usa....bathroom was very clean decent size..no coridor noise....airport schuttle worked a treat..dead omn pickup time......5 mins from 10 mins from airport ..does stop nect door to pick up guests...but not a prob.....free wi fi in all rooms,,,,they have a poool....but sadly was closed the day l wanted to use it!!!....looked a bigger than average pool.....down side...l thought the windows could do with more soundproofing....l over looked the italian resturant....which has air con fans which l could hear....plus the noise from the airport of planes taking off ever two mins or so(but great veiws of the planes<if you like planes that is)......l thought it pretty noisey...and yes l know its a airport hotel......around there for eating there is arbys,kfc,the italian resturant,a bar grill mexicain...all with in100 yds...but l found barbecue kitchen,nice little down to earth good smoked food at a great price......come out hotel turn left...right at kfc......50 yds right hand side.....smoked fried as you like good honest food...good price....but would def use the hotel again..its just easy..booked thou booking com....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank petesman2
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the hotel. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the amenities of high definition flat screen television and the complimentary shuttle service during your stay at the hotel. I apologize that the pool was closed for maintenance on the day visited. We check the chemicals in the pool on a daily basis and routinely give it a deep cleaning which was done on the date you visited. I am sorry that you didn’t get a chance to dine in at our onsite restaurant Giovanna’s. The food is excellent and we offer all guests a 15% discount.
Encinitas, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very basic. Dirty carpets. Noisy, scary neighborhood near airport. I used it only for a quick stop to catch an early morning plane out of Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
WELLESLEYSALES, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you again.

Marquitha Howell
Director of Sales
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

First night stay at Wellesley had no wifi. called front desk. "Wifi fails on rainy days" was the answer given. note only a lite rain. secound day sunny and nice - no wifi. must be to much sun also. Hotel old and 70's decor. Room muggy - humid. A/c no help with humidity. Air in plumbing. Room mostly clean but not to fresh. Other better hotels nearby.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused you with internet and air conditioner. We have no excuses to offer except our sincere apology. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction. We have shared your comments with our staff to avoid similar incidents in the future. We hope to see you again soon so we may prove to you that your experience wasn’t the norm at our hotel. Please feel free to call me on your future visit so I may meet you and apologize in person.
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

As another reviewer has pointed out this is a Delta drop-off location for delayed flights. We got a voucher for the hotel after our flight from RDU to Atlanta was delayed due to mechanical issues. We caught the shuttle along with about 20 other people that seemed to be in a similar situation. Once we arrived we were lucky enough to be in front of everybody, but their check-in computer system crashed and it took 30 min to check in. We were put in the smallest room possible, which I don't blame Wellesley Inn for (Delta voucher was cheap), but the rooms was pretty dirty. Several channels on the tv did not come in clear as well. The only redeeming quality was that the hotel was pretty quiet and the shuttle to the airport was pretty fast. Would not stay here again, unless Delta dumps me here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PlanAway
We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused you by the extended length of time of took to check you in, with your room being dirty and that some of your channels did not come in clear. We have no excuses to offer except our sincere apology. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction. We have added flat screen HD televisions since your stay. Unfortunately all of the king rooms were taken the night that you checked in so the desk clerk had to put you in a queen room which is smallest room type. We have shared your comments with our staff to avoid similar incidents in the future. We hope to see you again soon so we may prove to you that your experience wasn’t the norm at our hotel. Please feel free to call me on your future visit so I may meet you and apologize in person.
Once again thank you for your business and thank you for your feedback.

Marquitha Howell
Oldsmar, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

I booked this at the last minute before leaving Indiana as I would be in Atlanta overnight, alone, and didn't relish finding 'usery' prices upon arrival. I was most interested in the shuttle and it arrived within 10 minutes of my call. I arrived along w/ about 10 folks who'd missed their connection and had vouchers from the airline they'd flown. The front desk guy wasn't overly friendly, but he was efficient and conciencious (and still on duty the next morning; poor guy!)
The room was dated, but spotlessly clean and noiseproof to boot! The pillows were marvy. The shuttle, though it looked as if it were going to be full, made certain all of us got to our gates. I would stay here again, and most of all, I had no reservations or misgivings to relay to my husband, who hates the idea of me doing this in the middle of the night in a strange city.
The price was key to my booking this ; it was quite affordable.

Room Tip: As I always ask for 'quiet', and my room was ... just be certain to ask while at the front d...