Motel 6 Atlanta - Airport Convention Center #4813
Ranked #1 of 1 East Point B&B and Inns
El Perello, Spain
“Good service”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Comfort Inn was a good stay. The refrigerator had an old Burrito in it and the toilet had not been cleaned properly. How ever the service was good and the staff was accommodating.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bloomfield Hills
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We were placed here overnight by Delta Airlines Feb. 2012. Originally, they were going to send us to a different Comfort Inn, but it was booked. This hotel is farther from the airport and did not have direct airport shuttle, so we couldn't go in to Atlanta to sight see. This was disappointing. The hotel is older and gets a lot of long-term guests. The bed was comfortable enough, but the furnishings were worn and somewhat depressing. The staff was friendly and helpful. No restaurant nearby. We went to the sports bar next door and they did have a full kitchen--just not a family place.

Room Tip: Don't take a room near the elevators. They are noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ongar
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed overnight at this hotel Jan 25, 2012 on our way from London to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. Excellent for a one night stay and maybe longer. Room was very good with all nowmal addotions (coffee maker etc.) and an ironing board. Plus a complimentary breakfast in the morning plus airport to hotel and back free bus shuttle.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We were forced to stay here when Delta cancelled our flight! I was so exhausted and frustrated that I didn't want to go thru the hassle of trying to change hotels and I was going to be there less than 6 hours. I don't even know where to begin. The hallway carpet was stained, the rooms smelled and were quite disgusting. The bathroom air return above the mirror looked as though it had never been cleaned, full of dust. There was an anti-slip mat in the shower that was lifting up on all the edges, no way to possibly clean under there. The chair in the room was soiled and did not appear that any effort had been taken to clean it. The linens did appear to be clean and I did pull back the sheets to check the mattress before getting into bed. The bar area is right near the front desk, so while trying to check in all you hear is blaring music and the DJ (it was a Friday night) and early the next morning when we were leaving the lobby and outdoor areas were littered with beer bottles and trash from the night before. The only thing good that I can say about this place is that the girl at the desk was very pleasant when faced with a long line of unhappy Delta passengers. I will be calling Delta with a suggestion that whoever is in charge of making decisions about which hotels to use should spend the night themselves! I guarantee they would not stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CandaceH961
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Delta put us up here due to flight cancelation and missed connection in Atlanta. Free was too much to pay, although the desk attendant was polite and friendly. I can't imagine they have many paying customers, if any.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I visited this hotel a few weeks ago because I'm in the process of finding a wedding reception venue. The sales woman I spoke to over the phone was quite pleasant and answered all of my questions. However, when I arrived to the hotel the front lobby smelled stale and could use a good deodorizer. They should take notes from the newer hotels near the Camp Creek Marketplace. When I entered the meeting room from outiside, duck tape was on the inside of the door where you push to go out. The carpet and chairs could have used a good cleaning or replacement. There is no way I could see myself having a reception or staying in this hotel on my wedding night!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Ended up here in December 2010 while trying to fly home, during the occurring snowstorm in Europe.

Don't know what to say more than that I agree completely with a lot of the reviews for this hotel. This is the first time I've considered the safety/security when living in a hotel. This is where Delta place their customers. :)

The hotel is kind of decaying by itself. Lots of stains everywhere, carpet, bed, walls, bathroom (mold hanging from the ceiling). There were lots of signs showing that the door in my room have been kicked in/broken into several times, as the "safety lock" have been placed in several different positions on it. Found a lot of curly hair in my bed. Guess they did not change after the last customer.

I'm not sure about the staff either. The receptionists did their part, but they were not that enthusiastic and looked veeeery tired all the time.
There were some people lurking around the reception dressed like thugs that went into the "staff room" several times. Didn't know if they actually worked there, but if they did then this hotel really needs to reconsider its idea on how to present itself to customers.
Also, while we went out to get something to eat, somebody with a key to the door went in and took belongings from my colleague. Very nice!

The breakfast is the most horrible that I've experienced so far. However, the coffee was good which is the only positive thing I can say.

Last but least, the rooms on the first floor had LOTS of signs that people have tried to break in to them. Some of them had bars around the window etc. Kind of gives you an idea of what you are dealing with here.

I don't think I'll come back to this place and if I have to, I'd pay lots of $$$ to avoid it.

Room Tip: Avoid 1st floor.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Courtyard Atlanta Airport West
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta - Airport Convention Center #4813? Share your experiences!