“OK and decent motel”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in East Point
Farmingdale, New Jersey
“OK and decent motel”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here for a few days in October 2013 that was for a convention at the Convention Center downtown. It was fine to be here for a few days - but, I would not make this your vacation hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. Bed/mattress was good - and shower was strong and hot. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Convenience to downtown was fine - only about 20 minutes. Convenience to airport was great - 2 minutes! The area the hotel in seemed somewhat iffy to me. Since it was a rental car - I was not that concerned - but, I did not leave anything (like the GPS) in the car at nite. The gym at the hotel is poor though. only a bike - that did not work well - and one treadmill - that I did not try - no elliptical. Value was excellent - the Fairfield Inn downtown in Atlanta was $400 a nite -compared to $100 a nite here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gmosho
Antoinette G, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your most recent stay we really appreciate you. We are working on getting our fitness center together so that it will be guest friendly and easy to use. Without feedback we cannot improve our services, so thank you! We really appreciate your business and we look forward to showing you that we are committed to 'Our Promises'.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here twice; both times going to the airport and the next time coming from the airport. The staff was warm and friendly and very attentive. We spoke with Jenell the manager and also Rothelia and Raymonda. The shuttle came by to pick us up to take to the airport and we left our car on the property. We could not have asked for a friendlier hotel. The beds were wonderful and the room was very clean and smelled very good. We especially love the towels as they are soft. When we fly out again from ATL, we will be staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive feedback we really appreciate that. We love and appreciate our guest! It warms my heart when we get it right, because a lot of times people are quick to complain and slow to congratulate. I will let our staff know of the wonderful comments. We really hope to serve you again in the future thank you.
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel room was clean. Complimentary shuttle from the airport was great. Bed was comfortable but bathroom could use a remodel. Toilet was broke. Not a lot of delivery restaurant choices at this hotel. Breakfast did not start until 7AM which is a little late for airport travelers. The computer/printer was helpful for air travelers. Did not get to use the pool due to rain but it did look clean and large.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jenell C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear PuraVidaSTL,

Thank you for writing a review about your most recent stay, without positive or negative feedback we cannot improve our services or celebrate our accomplishments, again thanks for your feedback, we appreciate your business.

Jenell Calloway, General Manager
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here using Marriott points. I thought we could park for free for the duration of our trip, but was wrong. They charge $10/day for each night you aren't staying at the hotel. It's cheaper to park at the airport if you fly domestic but cheaper to park at the hotel if you fly international. The hotel was clean and quiet. I'd stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kevin W,

I hope you enjoyed your trip abroad, we appreciate your business as a Marriott Rewards member and was honored you deiced to use your Marriott Points at our property. Thank you again for staying and being a loyal member keep watching for all the new and exciting promotions with Marriott Rewards.

Jenell Calloway, General Manager
Evergreen, AL
Reviewed July 11, 2013

As a CLC Lodging member, rather than making my reservation online, I called. They were too busy to take my call initially and I left my number. After a few hours and no callback, I decided to call back wanting to give them the benefit of the doubt and a thinking that perhaps I had not given my number clearly and slowly enough. On my second call, I got Lawanda whose voice was not cheery, but she was cordial enough and booked my reservation with efficiency.

I guess I didn't read the tripadvisor reviews until after I had reserved and then I started getting second thoughts. After reading a few negative reviews, I almost chose to cancel my reservation and opt for another hotel. I was still undecided as I drove to the Atlanta area, but finally decided to give the staff at Fairfield a chance. While approaching I tried to prepare myself for rude treatment, rehearsing how I would be friendly even if the staff was unfriendly. As I arrived, Antoinette was working at the front desk and she was totally friendly and attentive. She made every effort to show true Southern hospitality.

We found our room to be clean and comfortable. Shower had good pressure and ample hot water. There were several dining options within blocks from the hotel. The hotel provides shuttle service to ATL airport which is nearby, helping to satisfy the need for our stay. The purpose of our trip was to get my wife to the airport for a very early flight. We rose early and went to the lobby. It was before time for breakfast, but the gentleman at the front desk was kind enough to turn on the juice machine and allow my wife to have a couple of muffins with juice as we waited for the shuttle. After accompanying my wife to the airport, I returned by shuttle to get some more sleep. We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast provided. I did use the treadmill in the exercise room. It is probably due for an upgrade and it would be nice if some weights or other resistance equipment was provided there. I was the only person in the room when I used the facility on the evening of our stay.

As I checked out, I met a very friendly Lawanda at the front desk. The ceilings were a bit low in places, like near the elevator, but I am about 5'11" tall and had plenty of extra headroom. I would think you would have to be about 7' tall or more to have a real problem with the ceiling height.

Finally, I am glad that I chose this hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marc36401
Antoinette G, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback we really appreciate it. It warms my heart when we make our guest feel welcomed and enjoy their stay. We work daily to improve our services. Thanks again for the positive feedback and we hope to see you and your family again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked this hotel because it was near the Baseball Park my son was playing @ and we had some very early games scheduled and it was so convenient. Check was a breeze, the lobby was nice and the hotel was clean. The staff was very pleasant. I went to my room, it was nice and clean and cozy. The bed was comfortable. I did'nt even hear alot of noise from the airplanes. I enjoyed breakfast, they have some hot items like sausage and waffles, as well as standard cereal. Check out was seamless. Only con is they need more parking, overflow had to park across the street. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Geannette W
Jenell C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear GeannetteW,

Thanks for your feedback concerning your most recent stay, it's always good to hear from guest and how they enjoyed our hotel and services. Thanks again for your comments, I look forward to seeing you soon!

Jenell Calloway, General Manager.
Corryton, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The rooms aren't quite as nice as some other hotels I've stayed in, but overall it served it's purpose. Close to airport, free shuttle, free breakfast and free parking while you're away. The staff we encountered were very friendly and helped when we needed directions....even printed a map for us. Plus, we earned some rewards points.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank CorryTNgal
Jenell C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Mr. CorryTNgal

Thank you for your feedback, it always great to hear when guest are happy with our services, please feel free to call me directly with you next reservation. I look forward to seeing you soon in Atlanta. Jenell Calloway, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Point
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Courtyard Atlanta Airport West
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!