“Where I will stay everytime”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in East Point
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I went to ATL for a Braves game and had no idea where to stay. My daughter found this hotel online and we booked it with no idea. It is nothing but a PLEASANT surprise!!! The people were very friendly! The hotel was spotless and smelled fresh and clean. It was so convenient to EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! Right off I-85. I am would suggest this hotel to anyone that is looking for a hotel in ATL!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I arrived a little early and they were able to accommodate a semi early check in. until then, they gladly held my bag and I went for a run. They suggested a good route, turns out the President was in town and I ran by Air Force One! Upon my return, the room was ready. Was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was HGI standard, the servers were attentive and nice. I would stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
DeShawn C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future! We're glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoy our location and the service you received.

After seeing Air Force One while on your run it is going to be hard to beat the next time you are back in Atlanta and go for a run.

Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Some of items in the room are showing wear. Iron was broken. Decent location as you can walk to a couple of restaurants. Nice staff.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Muffinhead2580
DeShawn C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North. I am sorry for the experience that you had during your stay. We have a new Director of Housekeeping at our property and would like you to know that he is working quickly to resolve any underlying issues. I want to assure you that we offer a clean, friendly, and convenient hotel stay while in Atlanta Georgia. While we understand that you have many choices of hotels to stay at, we hope to have the opportunity to be your home away from home when travel brings you back to Atlanta to show you why Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North continues to rise above our competitors.
Please call or email me when travel brings you back as I would be delighted to make your next reservation.

D.L. 404.477-6616

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night when we went to the Jimmy Buffet concert. This hotel is the cleanest that we have stayed in. The best thing about the hotel is the staff. Every single staff member that we met spoke to us and were very helpful. They even helped me arrange concert transportation to and from the hotel and it saved a ton of money. Clean hotel, comfortable beds. You can also walk to several nearby restaurants. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank farcus
DeShawn C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North. Our team genuinely cares about our guests experience and the tries to ease processes to help make our guests stay more enjoyable.

We hope to see you back again with us soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I will like to start off positive first. I love coming to your hotel, I am a East Point Sergeant. I have been coming to Hilton Garden Inn since you guys open I must say, it is a very nice hotel. I love the service I get when I am there. I am taking time out to write this letter because I am very bother, that the General Manager is such a Not friendly person. I sit there in the mornings to enjoy the good tasting breakfast that you guys offer to us, which is great I may add. I see when all the managers come out for there morning meeting, they are very friendly I may add. When they start there meeting mind you the restaurant is full of guest and the General Manager Ms. Clayton, She is going off talking to them like they are kids. How could you have a leader in place like that when she has a good team. Its not like it happen only once I have been coming to the Hotel since 2010. I am very disturb by what I see when I am there. I said I was not going to say anything, but I have had enough. I have made it my choice not to come back because she is not someone that should be running that team. I never seen here interact with guest on a positive note. She always come out to the front desk with attitude. I know if I see it the guest see it also. I feel for your team because they are great, but how could you do a great job when you have a leader that is always talking down on her team. Your own team members don't like to go to her because of the why she is. Moving forward I know everyone need a job the why the economy is, but I am stun how she treats her team. I am sure if you ask them they will tell you. She need to stop yelling at them like they are her kids and respect them like they respect her. I am afraid that one day soon, if not a team member, a guest will go off on her (BADLY). This is just a letter of how I feel when coming to your hotel. Thanks for taking the time out to listen. I have seen and meet you and your nothing like that, so why should she be.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Robert S
DeShawn C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your visits to our hotel’s restaurant. We are constantly working to improve our guest services and your comments have helped us greatly.

I would like to extend my apologies that you were disappointed with our General Manager and thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your feedback has been shared with her and she will definitely take your comments under advisement. Please feel free to reach out to me or our General Manager directly if you would like to discuss further.

404-477-6600

Reviewed May 2, 2012

My recent visit was exceptional. The hotel's front desk staff (most especially Dee) were professional, friendly, and welcoming. I immediately felt as though I was staying with friends rather than an impersonal hotel. The room was very clean, the bed was amazing, and the shower ran perfectly. One of the things that's frequently overlooked is noise level. Many hotels have sound issues. The Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North does not. I only heard one slamming door (and it was very close) and absolutely no through-the-wall noise - even in the bathroom.

There is one area where improvement is needed, and that's in the restaurant. The servers are very helpful and friendly, but they are overwhelmed on weekend mornings. I waited more than 10 minutes to be seated (and there were lots of tables open) and there was constant confusion around me as to which meal belonged to which customer. I ended up with a bagel and coffee (which I got for myself) and was charged $4. I ended up signing the bill as there was no one to whom I could give payment. Had I been a less-than-honest person, I could easily have gotten up, walked out, and there would have been no payment. They need more staff, plain and simple.

Room Tip: The elevator tends to run slowly. If you traditionally run late, ask for a lower level.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Melissa P
DeShawn C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for your review; it is always a treat when we receive feedback of both positive and in areas of opportunity from one of our guest. While we strive to be the best, and showcase our southern hospitality charm to ensure that all our guests feel at home at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North we do understand that there are areas in the restaurant that are currently undergoing some new procedures to help alleviate any guest inconveniences so that the entire stay will be nothing but outstanding. We hope that when travel brings you back to Atlanta that you will continue to allow the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North the opportunity to be your home away from home.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a relatively new Hilton Garden Inn and is fairly well appointed. It has nice meeting facilities, and still has a 'newness' about it.
The location is great for the airport. It says it is a mile away, but that is "as the crow flies" Realistically, it is about 5 miles away. Still not bad- it is about as close as you are going to get. The neighborhood itself is in transition. There is a nice residential neighborhood behind the hotel, but that quickly leads to really bad areas. I saw all levels of the socioeconomic spectrum on a short run. I would not suggest running outside by yourself. There are several restaurants nearby, however they are hit and miss too.

The fitness center is great- all the machines are in proper working order and the pool looked nice too.

The front desk people were very pleasant. However, I was disappointed at how they handled my reservation. I'm diamond with Hilton, and usually get some sort of upgrade or perk. However, I'm not picky. Just give me a clean room and working TV and I'm content.
My profile is simple- high floor, away from the elevator (QUIET!). I was given a room on the second floor (of seven) right next to the elevator. I opened up the window shades and there was an enormous air conditioner unit blocking any view of anything and potentially very noisy.
They changed my room when I asked them to; this time to a very unremarkable room on the seventh floor.

I checked in late and ordered some room service. I ordered a sandwich for dinner, and then a cobb salad to save for breakfast the next morning. Sandwich was delicious- I put the salad in the fridge. Upon waking, I found that the fridge wasn't plugged in and i was greeted with the smell of spoiling ham, egg, and bacon. Irritating. I told them about the fridge at checkout and asked them to adjust the $30 room service bill. They took $10 off. I'm not sure what I expected, I just know that's a little bush league for a customer who spends tens of thousands of dollars at Hilton each year.

Anyway, not an awful experience, but I expected more. There is a Hyatt Place across the street, and a Crowne Plaza right behind the HGI. I'll be in one of those next time.

Room Tip: Not sure- the standard rooms seemed pretty good. I don't know if there are suites or upgrades o...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 173 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!