“Nice Hotel with a very good Staff convenient to Airport”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport West
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in East Point
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here for an early morning flight out of Atlanta. Hotel was very comfortable and quiet and the staff was very nice and helpful. They seemed eager to assist in any way they could. I was pleased with the experience. The breakfast they serve was excellent and had a wide variety of options. I would definitely return to this location. Also, the parking was very nice, close to the hotel and free. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was kind of your average courtyard....Really nothing special about it....got a great rate using AAA...Good service and it was clean....but there was something weird with the shower wall in room 428....Besides that is was decent....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I think my favorite thing about this hotel is the service. The rooms were clean and the beds were great. I was late landing in Atlanta and called for a pickup from the hotel. They immediately sent the van over and check-in was quick. They have a great chef who does a good breakfast in the morning. I would ask for a room that doesn't face the airport as it was a little noisy, but I was so tired, it really didn't matter. The next morning I had an early flight, and again, they took me immediately over to the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice Courtyard property. near the airport. My room was prepped and cleaned each day of my stay. I could not have asked for a more friendly staff. Very helpful with restaurant recommendations. I would recommend that you ask for room that faces away from airport if possible due to noise. Remember that Courtyards typically cater to business travelers so dont expect 5 star food, but it is good enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This Courtyard was just average in my opinion. The decor is nice as if it is new or newly renovated but their services left a lot to be desired. For starters, the housekeeping staff never cleaned our room until we finally asked on the Sunday before we checked out. I am not used to this. Every hotel I have ever stayed at cleaned the rooms on a daily basis. The housekeepers merely came in and brought fresh towels daily. Secondly, I was in room 407 and this room had a weird smell. It almost smelled like mildew or something. Thirdly, the business center has 2 computers but only one of them could get onto the internet. If you are a business person who needs to print something in the center this could pose a problem. I had to wait for a long time to print an item because there was another guest using the computer. This caused me to be late for an event I was heading to. I would suggest that the Courtyard invest in another computer or make the second computer accessible to the Internet or printing rather than for flight info only. Lastly, because of its convenience to the airport the hotel is in a rather noisy area. I could hear planes taking off and landing all day long. I am a rather light sleeper so this was a bit annoying for me. My husband didn't have a problem with it because he can sleep through anything. Don't expect free breakfast at this location either. Depending on what you like, breakfast ranges from $8-10 but I will have to say it was pretty tasty so worth the money. On a positive note, the front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. I also loved the fact that they offered a 24 hr shuttle to the airport. Overall, given the choice I would probably choose not to stay at this location again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed in Marriott Courtyards for close on 25 years and this was my worst experience ever.
Until now I've never had cause to write a bad review and only use this platform for praise.
The Courtyard Atlanta Airport West failed me in a number of ways.

1/ Housekeeping, I requested additional pillows as the 3 pillows on my bed were very small and thin. I received response from the Housekeeping line and the front desk were not interested, later they did call my room and asked me to collect a pillow from the reception desk (what happened to service?) this turned out to be a small pillow and a blanket in a plastic bag designed for a roll-away bed ! Useless !!
2/ Breakfast. The Breakfast was unbelievably bad. Virtually nothing left in the Buffet. No Juice! No Yoghurts! Untidy display of what was left on the counter.
The serving staff were shuffling about like Zombies, not clearing tables. My coffee was served in a cracked cup which flooded my table. It was not wiped up. They bought my bill, $38. obviously unable to add up ! Then it took an age to bring my change.
3/ The staff in general appeared to be surly.
4/ The pool and hot-tub area was dirty.

There are many really good hotels serving Atlanta Airport, this sadly isn't one of them, and it is not cheap!

The only positive comment I have is that the Shuttle Bus driver was a very pleasant man.

AVOID THIS PLACE !

Room Tip: Check out your room before signing in!