“The New Staff/Mgmt is terrible”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport West
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in East Point
New York City, New York
“The New Staff/Mgmt is terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for years since they've opened. They have changed managers a few times but have kept the staff in tact.....UNTIL NOW. The new manager is rude. The new desk lady is rude. The new maids are very rude and frankly put, THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE YOUR BELONGINGS (which I overheard happened) and not clean your room properly (WHICH I EXPERIENCED). Towels for one in the room (2 Queen Beds). Rude lady at the desk (Nicole) if you ask for more towels, or at least what you are supposed to have in the room. A giggling "manager on duty" that doesn't seem to have a clue what Marriott service is. And a clueless General Manager that states I AM THE GENERAL MANAGER as though that makes up for her lack of knowledge and her curt attitude. THIS PLACE HAS GONE WAY DOWN. MAYBE ANOTHER MANAGEMENT CHANGE BEFORE THIS PLACE BECOMES A MOTEL 6.
The bartender Gail is still wonderful as is Saida and the breakfast guy Brian.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hendersonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We have many corporate training meetings nearby. The hotel staff always goes out of their way to help. The set up food we order in, arrange local restaurants, run a special ticket bar for us, and many other things. The property is new and clean but it's the staff that keep us coming back.

• Stayed July 2013
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our first visit to this hotel was a few years ago. We attended a family funeral. It was great then.
This year we attended a graduation. The staff was courteous, the room was clean and comfortable. We requested and received early check in so that we could get to the Georgia Dome in time for the graduation.

Room Tip: We always choose the first floor, but that is a personal preference.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hendersonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and am always thrilled with the kindness, hospitality and friendly service. From Gail at the bar to Saida at the front desk, this team is well hired and well trained to make guests comfortable. The property is new, clean, modern and just a short van ride from the Atlanta airport. I will return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been a member of the Marriott rewards program for years and stayed at several Marriott's. This location served me odd. I am a native and was doing a stay-cation for a day or two and the service that I received at other Marriott's do not compare to what I received at this location. This was my second time staying at this location. To my regret, the second time was no better than the first.The first time I request a few more towels to be delivered to my room. I was told to go stand in the hallway and wait on housekeeping to ask them....Really??? This time , my toilet handle did not work and when I reported it... nothing was done nor was I offered another room in lieu.My floor had some sticky black residue on it. My bed was not as clean as I expected. I was very disappointed. Upon my check out I realized that I left something in my room, when I went back to the same Guest services agent, she advised me to go back to my floor and ask the housekeeper to let me in. I quickly gave her a blank stare.. really, "You just checked me out" then she quickly said, " Here is a key you can go back". i returned the key and left. Then I found out the next day the over charged me for my room and nobody mentioned anything about incidentals. Tried calling management with no avail. I am building points with Marriott because of my stay but I may decide to try another Marriott next stay-cation. The Marriott that I visited on several occasions in Augusta Customer service was far better than this location. I expected better since it is so close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Fenton, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a surprisingly horrible experience with a Marriott property. I will give as brief a summary as possible: dirty sink, sheets full of hair, gum in the carpet, a poorly working TV, 2 bath towels for 4 adults. This stay was booked in advance and it was booked for 4 guests. We were told there were no more towels available and we were given 2 clean sheets to put on our beds. When I complained, I was told we could get a complimentary breakfast when the restaurant opened, but we were leaving prior to that. The manager was not available at that time. I have filed a complaint with Marriott customer service and was told it would be resolved in a few days. I called today (after 10 days) and was told it couldn't be resolved yet, as the manager was "off today". I have always been happy with Marriott properties, but the ball was dropped on this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
uncamom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I decided to get the park and stay package on my way to Jamaica. I checked in on a Friday night. The hotel was busy but the rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was also very good. I left my car there for 5 days close to the front doors. Upon my return my license plate had been stolen. Luckily that was all. I reported it to the front desk and the young man was very apologetic and promptly called the Police department. Had to file a report that evening. It just seems to me that a security office monitoring the parking lot would have noticed a car with no plate in the lot since we have to give them our plate number and make of car. Oh well we live and learn.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#87 of 172 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,614 reviews

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport West? Share your experiences!