“Find another place.”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in East Point
Fenton, Michigan
“Find another place.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a surprisingly horrible experience with a Marriott property. I will give as brief a summary as possible: dirty sink, sheets full of hair, gum in the carpet, a poorly working TV, 2 bath towels for 4 adults. This stay was booked in advance and it was booked for 4 guests. We were told there were no more towels available and we were given 2 clean sheets to put on our beds. When I complained, I was told we could get a complimentary breakfast when the restaurant opened, but we were leaving prior to that. The manager was not available at that time. I have filed a complaint with Marriott customer service and was told it would be resolved in a few days. I called today (after 10 days) and was told it couldn't be resolved yet, as the manager was "off today". I have always been happy with Marriott properties, but the ball was dropped on this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
uncamom
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I decided to get the park and stay package on my way to Jamaica. I checked in on a Friday night. The hotel was busy but the rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was also very good. I left my car there for 5 days close to the front doors. Upon my return my license plate had been stolen. Luckily that was all. I reported it to the front desk and the young man was very apologetic and promptly called the Police department. Had to file a report that evening. It just seems to me that a security office monitoring the parking lot would have noticed a car with no plate in the lot since we have to give them our plate number and make of car. Oh well we live and learn.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently stayed on this property and I have never experienced such poor customer service. I was there for 2 nights. The parking was so poor that I and other guests as well had to park in front of the hotel in the driveway blocking thru traffic. I kept getting up in the middle of the night to make sure my car had not been towed or hit. I also put in a 2pm late ck out during the audit shift and was told by the clerk that he put that in. I was awaken @12pm by hsk beating on the door telling me it was time to go. I advised her i had a late ck out and her reply was, "I dont think so, you need to call the front desk". In doing so, the young lady informed me they do not do late ckouts and I would have to be out within 30 minutes. I had not showered or anything rushing to get out and unknowingly left behind a few items. No extra towels, no pillows and no blankets for pullout sofabed. I was given 3 sheets and a goodnight. NOT!! However, Chandra was AWESOME!!

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, USA
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Above average hotel and has every perk you'd want. Arrive expecting to get what you pay for and you won't be disappointed. I would stay there again. Dinner at bar or restaurant will exceed your expectations for a Marriott.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was the first Courtyard Marriott that I did not want to leave. The property is so well kept with nothing out of place in the common areas. The entire lobby area is well decorated and a great place to meet friends and coworkers or lounge until flight time. The shuttles are ready when you are ( when arriving or leaving ATL), and if you are lucky enough to get Mr. Rufus, you are in for a professional treat. Upon check- in your good luck will continue if you get a front desk clerk named Horace. He is professional, efficient and funny. A lady named Miss Betty is in charge of the restaurant and she makes a breakfast that is superior to most restaurants, especially the airport.
I give the credit for this amazing service to the general manager Mr. Dougsiyeh and a very well run hotel begins with the leadership at the top. There were several family reunions and other events happening while I was at this hotel for a week. I would definitely recommend it for families with children because of the location to fast food, pharmacies and target. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room close to the elevators. I feel safe when traveling alone for business not to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice, clean towels both days, even without asking!
Great breakfast!!!
Nice service!!!!
Overall happiness!
Comfortable bed is the most important and it was great!!!!!!! Fridge, coffee, shampoo, conditioner all provided.

• Stayed March 2013
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We booked this place through priceline and we have no idea how this place will be till we reached there. Hotel appearance itself shocked us and also the rooms. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Only facility we couldn't get is complimentary breakfast. They had breakfast but we have to pay. Since I had a small kid, breakfast was essential for us. But we could manage as there were lots of options near to the hotel like MC Donald, Taco Bell etc. Upon request lady in the reception provided us Micro Oven. Overall our stay was too good and staff was very kind.

Room Tip: I generally prefer top floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MDougsiyeh_12, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your comments and thank you for sharing them on the Trip Advisor website.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Point
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 174 in Atlanta
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,644 reviews

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport West? Share your experiences!